Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Pin pointers

My advice is be careful who you buy from, lots of knock offs from china. Many under brand names on public auction sights (dumbay).
Absolutely. The Chinese copies are very similar to the original pinpointers. But their range is very very limited. the target won't be detected unless you touch it with the probe.

Went through two Garrett ProPointers and they both went bonkers. Apparently I'm not the only one having that problem with the black ProPointers. Took the one apart to inspect it; then ruined it putting it back together. Everything looked fine under the glass, but it just wasn't stable. Tried the nickel-under-the-cap trick; tried de-tuning it by holding it on the ground when powering it up; tried separating it from my AT Pro - even using it without my detector. Nothing. Just horribly unstable.
Nothing more aggravating then getting out in the field and your equipment going bonkers on you.
I'd like to send the newer one off for service, but I haven't yet found the contact point for Garrett equipment.

In the meantime, I'm in the market for a new PP. Reading good things about the Garrett PP AT, but reluctant to give them any more $$$ for their fails. I definitely will not get burnt by a knock-off from COVID-land.

Down to:
1. Nokta Makro: $85
2. White's TRX Bullseye: $150
3. Fisher F Pulse: $129
4. Minelab Profind 35: $129
5. Garrett PP AT (carrot): $128
6. Teknetics Tek-Point: $129
Thoughts?

Went through two Garrett ProPointers and they both went bonkers. Apparently I'm not the only one having that problem with the black ProPointers. Took the one apart to inspect it; then ruined it putting it back together. Everything looked fine under the glass, but it just wasn't stable. Tried the nickel-under-the-cap trick; tried de-tuning it by holding it on the ground when powering it up; tried separating it from my AT Pro - even using it without my detector. Nothing. Just horribly unstable.
Nothing more aggravating then getting out in the field and your equipment going bonkers on you.
I'd like to send the newer one off for service, but I haven't yet found the contact point for Garrett equipment.

In the meantime, I'm in the market for a new PP. Reading good things about the Garrett PP AT, but reluctant to give them any more $$$ for their fails. I definitely will not get burnt by a knock-off from COVID-land.

Down to:
1. Nokta Makro: $85
2. White's TRX Bullseye: $150
3. Fisher F Pulse: $129
4. Minelab Profind 35: $129
5. Garrett PP AT (carrot): $128
6. Teknetics Tek-Point: $129
Thoughts?
Go with the Carrot

You must realize that any pinpointer that is able to be underwater has audio that is somewhat muted. I have trouble hearing any of these underwater pinpointer(pulse dive, Trx, carrot). If your detector is a silent search, you will be able to hear these underwater pinpointers. My hearing is bad and getting worse and the only pinpointer I can hear is the Propointer 11 which is a variation of the orginal black Garrett Propointer.

I have found that any pinpointer is a matter of personal preference. Some like four inch range of depth, some people are good at pinpointing with their detector and do not need nor want more than an inch or two of depth. Some like the target area to be only the end of the probe while some like the 360 degree range because it speeds in the recovery when you have the target in a big pile of dirt that is out of the hole.

Personally, I like simplicity. Push the button and it turns of. Push the button and it turns off. I absolutely hate the button activating a menu. The Garrett Propointer 11 is my choice.

Haven't tried them all, but quite a few and over all most pleased with the Garrett Carrot. Nearly 4 years of near daily use and no problems so far. I do, though, like the Tek Point pretty well, but at times almost to sensitive it seems. Anyway, HH Jim Tn

A good battery will last for months in a Garrett AT pin pointer. I use batteries that have been previously lightly used in a churches hand held mikes and I still get months of use out of them.

What about the Minelab pro-find 35?
I use the Garrett carrot now but i have been thinking of getting the Pro-find because
it disc out iron ?

What about the Minelab pro-find 35?
I use the Garrett carrot now but i have been thinking of getting the Pro-find because
it disc out iron ?
Never had one. Heard good things, but also heard bad things about the Power Button plastic fracturing and allowing moisture in.
Still on the table for consideration though.