Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Pinpoint Auto vs Pinpoint Sizing. What's Better?

I am new to the 705. I am now reading the manual for a second time and slower. I have also read Randy's book. Can someone tell from hands on experience the difference between Pinpoint Auto and Pinpoint sizing? Which do you prefer and why. Thanks. .

"Better" is entirely up to the user. Some folks like Auto Pinpoint because it automatically reduces the Sensitivity each time you pass over the target. As the Sensitivity is automatically reduced, the audio response is diminished. This allows you to "end up" with a very narrow target response. I prefer Sizing Pinpoint because the Sensitivity remains at the set level, allowing you to hear a consistent audio response from the target area with each pass. The beauty of using Sizing Pinpoint (in my opinion) is that allows me to "trace" the general shape and size of the target. In addition, I am able to control the amount of masking by changing the distance the coil is to the target when I set it to Sizing Pinpoint. The closer the coil is to the target when I turn on Sizing Pinpoint, the more I am able to mask part of the audio response. If I want to, I can also use Sizing Pinpoint to "duplicate" the effects of Auto Sensitivity by raising the coil with each pass of the coil. As the audio response fades away (due to the distance between the coil and the target), I simply dig where the audio response is the most faint. JMO HH Randy