Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

pinpoint dominant freq

PostalTwo

Hi all just a question about the v3i and it's pp function. I do not have one yet to check. Have u ever experienced a green dominant freq when pp the point of a nail? I know they can give a high tone on any machine so I was curious if pp could be used to rule out a nail? Thanks

PostalTwo, I've dug my share of deep old rusty nails that pinpointed with 2.5 dominant. I read somewhere that the old nails had many different metals in them plus the halo effect account for the good readings and signals. If I get a deep signal that pinpoints green - I dig! Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Yes you will get that occasionally. Not very often but when it happens, the Nail usually has a large Head, it is on end, and the ground is really wet. Last time or two it happened to me it was a Tent Stake driven in the ground.

All these detectors Lie to you every now and then. The V3i is just less prone to do it. Most times you get a high VDI for whatever reason and a Blue dominate signal. By the way the colors are adjustable so i am referring to the default colors.

Good to know thanks hopefully I can pull the trigger on this machine this year. I've been learning about it for awhile now and even had a chance to hunt with it for a couple hrs,i loved it