Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

pinpointer frequency

I have the Garrett Pinpointer-Pro. Does anyone know the operating frequency? Are the pinpointers with adjustable sensitivity any better? Once I get a 4"- 6" hole dug, sometimes the pinpointer goes off all over the hole, and I can't find the target.
Also, I carry a cellphone when I detect; any chance I'm getting interferance from it? What about a GPS? Walkie-talkie?

I carry a cellphone and a G P S and have never had any crosstalk with the Pro Pointer,

probably the Walkie Talkie, sorry cyberfish2 no idea of what frequency the Pro Pointer

uses, hope you get it sorted.

H H

Les.

Large targets such as buried aluminum cans will get the pinpointer going all over the target. Raise the coil of your detector 10 - 12", does it pinpoint the target? Coulds't be a biggie.

You can adjust the sensitivity of a Garrett pro pointer in a manner of speaking. If you turn it on next to some metal it will lower the sensitivity, which can be helpfull sometimes. If you want full sensitivity, be sure to hold it away from any metal when you turn it on.

Foil said:
You can adjust the sensitivity of a Garrett pro pointer in a manner of speaking. If you turn it on next to some metal it will lower the sensitivity, which can be helpfull sometimes. If you want full sensitivity, be sure to hold it away from any metal when you turn it on.
Good tip, Thanks. I also have a cheapie Harbor Freight pinpointer with a sensitivity knob. I'd like it better if the knob would stay put where I set it. I can probably add a retainer clip. The easy fix might be to just twist a rubber band around the base of the knob. Think I'll go try that now.....OK, it semi-worked.

Take a look at the second Garrett video to see how the propointer is de-tuned to make get closer to the target before sounding off. I use it all the time to see what side of the hole the target is on. Might help you.

http://www.garrett.com/hobbysite/hbby_pro-pointer_video.aspx

[size=large]the large target responce is what i get also. you only need to hold your coil about six inches above the target and if you're still getting it then it's going to be a pop/beer can. something like that. possibly a deeper iron with heavy rust. if you dig down to the depth your detector indicates and the pointer go off all over inside the hole just back out and fill in and find another target. these garrett pp is the best and most honest pointers. if it's a ring or coin or such it won't go off all over the hole. jmo

HH[/size]

You can ground balance your pin pointer by putting it in the dirt near your target not on the suspected target, then turn it off then turn it on. That will fix the sounding off all over the hole. I usually have to do this almost all the time with the orange Garrett pin pointer. The black garrett pin pointer does not have this feature . Good luck

I have the original black Garrett pp and I adjust it by turning it on with the tip in contact with the ground. Then it will alert on the target without any interfering noise. I have also seen this on YouTube. Peace Roy