Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Pinpointer holding me back

Diggindumbstuff

Admittedly I'm a Whites guy. Started with 2b then 4900d to Silver Eagle for 2-3yrs and now Mxt Pro user for 5ish years.Love it will never part with however, I really have been getting the itch to try something different. Racer2 has my attention but I just dont want to go back to my TRX or Propointer. I absolutely love my DX-1 Sun Ray probe. So I have spoken with Ralph and he says its just too expensive to build, hard to get parts and tough to compete with handhelds. I get it! But really? No one can come up with a multi-tone inline probe? Surely I'm not the only guy wishing I were smart enough to produce such a device. No batteries needed, no taking off headphones , no losing or leaving behind.
This is the only thing keeping me from getting something different.

I have owned a DX-1 probe for over 10 years,used it for a while but then it went back in the draw again and not used for many many years,still prefer my Garrett pro pointer,one probe you may look at that could do what you are looking for is the Deus one,of course one needs a Deus detector but that could be a option worth looking at.

Wireless to what - the wireless earbuds or headphones that people are already using?

For $25 or less you can have a wireless headset system. All you need is a transmitter and a bluetooth earbud or headphone.

Check Finds Classified Ads for Sunray's series of pinpointers-they do show up.
Back in the day we used to use a very small {2nd) loop for pinpointing. Examples might be a 3" loop for an X-100 with a 16" loop mounted,
a Mk-1 with the extra 4" or a CZ with the 5". Getting a signal and digging a deep hole, we simply unscrew the mounted loop from the box and plug in
the small loop-sticking it in the hole to disc/pinpoint. After, unplug it and plug the mounted loop back in.
It may seem troublesome, but it is actually very fast (and saves needless digging.)

I hope they miniaturize it though.
https://fthmb.tqn.com/8ME6a70zdL4vCwxq_flM9dCrAfc=/768x0/filters:no_upscale():max_bytes(150000):strip_icc()/73777362-57c7441c5f9b5829f479833b.jpg
:heh:

But yours doesn't need batteries, nor does it work during a full moon, intense northern lights, equinox, low-self esteem or being under the influence.....:drinking:

its kinda crazy, but it really goes wild under the influence---I find my pockets full of stuff the next morning.:unsure:

I personally don't even like the idea of an inline and for several reasons! (I know, to each his own, some do, some don't)
(1) added weight to the detector.
(2) more cables to mess with.
(3) it adds two more connection in between the coil and the detector, my belief is the lest amount of electronic connection from the source to the coil the better.
(4) an inline is dedicated to one detector and most times I have more than one detector and buying a high dollar prob for every detector is just throwing money out the window.
(5) in all the cases I've seen having an inline on a detector doesn't increase its value a cent for most folks in the resale market.

My hand held pinpointer works PERFECT with my old detectors,
My current detectors,
And my future detectors, or until it stops working.

Mark