Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Pinpointer Pairing problem

cometguy

I am not sure if my bad hearing is the problem here or not. The instructions say, hold down the button for five seconds till the end of the melody. I never hear a thing! I paired it once with the Deus, had a menu to set sensitivity etc. It worked as I expected. I shut it off and for the life of me, I can't get it back to working with the Deus. No melody and no understanding of the seven beeps that will lead me to working again. I removed it, reloaded it and this time didn't get the menu options to work on the pin pointer. Can anybody offer some input? I just left it working as an independent for now. I really want to get it paired with my machine if possible.

Thanks, Don

Try turning it on then hold down the button for 5? seconds and you should hear it beep and vibrate a couple times, after that hit the button 1-7 seven times and you should hear the VERY quiet tone change from low to high and count them, (number 1 being the lowest tone and the 7th the highest tone) I had to put the thing close to my ear to hear it and it's sort of difficult to hear if you're around noise. After it's on the program you want just let go. There is only adjustment on the controller of the pinpointer if it's in program 7 on the controller, 1-6 have no adjustment with the controller. Turn the pinpointer off and when you turn it back on it will show on the controller and it will say "menu" below the pinpointer screen, from there you can adjust it. Takes some practice. Hope that helps.

1. Turn on controller

2. Turn on pinpointer

3. Hold button on pinpointer for 5 seconds

4. Press button on pinpointer and keep pressing 1-7 times and listen for 1-7 tones. [size=x-large]BEEP[/size] [size=large]BEEP[/size] [size=medium]BEEP[/size] [size=small]BEEP[/size] [size=x-small]BEEP[/size] .........

5. Set program by high to low tone by pressing pinpointer button, #7 highest pitch and let go of button for 2 second or more. (the only one that controller controls)

6. Turn off pinpointer and back on.

7. Look at controller and pinpointer mode should be on.

8. Hit menu and set your levels, then save them.

Now every time you turn your pinpointer on the pinpoint screen comes on.

Handy tip...If you don't scroll through the 1-7 beeps on the pinpointer quickly enough it will stay on whatever the last press you did.

I think I'm explaining this right, I am not responsible for mistakes :surrender:

I couldn't tell from the OP if he actually got it paired back again with the DEUS.

From the Manual.......

Pairing the MI-6 with the DEUS

1) From the remote control menu select : OPTION > PINPOINTER > PAIRING
2) Switch on while holding down the MI-6 button for 8 seconds, this will enable pairing.
3) The MI-6 automatically selects program 7 and works with the DEUS. If you want to use the MI-6 without the DEUS radio link connection, select programs 1 to 6 on the MI-6 button menu.

NOTE: When the MI-6 is in Program 7, it will not make any sounds or vibrate. If it is paired properly, it should enable the pinpoint screen on the DEUS when turned on.

I had trouble at first as I turned on the PP and then held the button down and no go. Once I turned it on and kept pressing on the button it paired immediately.

I think the vibration and the beeping after 3 seconds confuses everyone and they let go of the button. Gotta hold it down through the vibration and beeping for the full 8 seconds.

Thanks everyone for your response. I walked away from trying to pair the two for a while and charged the pin pointer. Turned it on tonight, holding it down and poof, as if by magic they were paired. Pretty happy with my first "new Deus". I have had two previous ones but never a new one. Got all of my coils matched up, pin pointer paired, and ready to play. Thanks to everyone who took time to help me out.

Don
HH