Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

pinpointer problems

Dave400

My propointer dosen't sound to good any more cause the two tiny holes keep getting filled with mud and dirt. Iclean it out with a small stick pin all the time but its not as good as new.My question is can you somehow take it apart to clean it ? Has anybody else had problems and how do you clean yours.I want to rinse it with water but don't want to wreck it.Whats the best way to clean it out. The beeping noise is hard to hear.

I wouldn't use water. Vacume or blow out the dirt?

Actually, I have several wraps of electrical tape around mine to mute that sound.

Maybe you could try one of those compressed air canisters that they use for computers, to blow the dust out of the key boards.I always think about getting dirt in there, I guess there is nothing you can do to prevent it from happening,
Good luck.

I just noticed a can by my computer. It has a brush on it, it is called Precision Electronics Cleaner. It has a liquid that comes out, smells like alcohol. If it is safe for a key board it might work for the pin pointer.Ask the manufacturer what they suggest.