Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Pinpointer Used without interference with GT

CCadrin

Just bought the x-pointer and it is great but it interferes with the Sovereign GT. What handheld pinpointers do you use?

Hand helds are no more than minny PIs you are going to get interference without moving the detector away from the pointer. Its like having 2 machines close to each other. The Sun Ray inline if they still make them is the way to go. It shuts off the main coil when using PPing and they are attached so you never loose them. On a beach ....once you learn how to PP and kick the sand you never need a PPer..... just a waist of money that you could use on a coil.

Dew

I agree with Dew a pin pointer on the beach isn't needed.Most of the time I hunt land and have both the Sunray and the Garrett pin pointer.The S-1 gives excellent depth and is an extension of my Sovereign,which enables you to use the tones and visual IDs from the Sovereign.The Garrett can cause interference if the Sovereign coil is too close,but usually not a problem.My suggestion use your X- pointer again and pay attention how close its used from the coil.Smaller coils should give you a less problem with cross talk.Good Luck Ron

When I use the pin pointer I ease the headphones off my ears so that I only hear the pin pointer. I like hearing the pin pointer as well as feeling it vibrate.

When I use the GT in the sand there is no need to use a pinpointer. When I dig the mud flats at low-tide I have never used a pinpointer but since the x-pointer is waterproof it can help speed up the recovery after I slide my foot over the pile of wet sand retrieved from the hole. Recently I have hunted a few parks and there is a need to pinpoint so I can replace the plug and not damage the grass. My coil was as far away as possible and the sound in the headphones was very chatty so in some cases I took the phones down to my neck and other times I just turned off the detector. Another option is to turn off the headphones. And the final option is to buy a different brand such as the Garrett or what others have posted here.

CC..... its not going to matter. If its a quality PPer its going to create cross talk..... just the nature of the electronics.

I just bought one. The only thing I can think of why it's interfering is that your sensitivity is on the 4th setting ....set it at 2 or 3 and see what happens. It's not suppose to interfere with any detector."that's what they say" The book doesn't show you how to change it either !!! Go to Big Boy Hobbies and on his site he has a video.
Hope that helps.
I really like it too !!!! give it a chance
Ron L

I have both the X-Pointer (great for the fact that it doesn't false when you press it hard into the dirt) and the Pro-Pointer (outstanding, but it DOES false when pressed into the dirt - perhaps the new waterproof version doesn't however). I found that the X-pointer DOES interfere with my Sov XS-2 Pro as well as my Etrac. With the trac, I can stop the crosstalk just by moving my coil away from the pinpointer, but with the Sov - nothing helps unless I turn off my headphones or machine while the X-pointer is on. I CAN and do us my Garrett pro-pointer on the beaches here on the New England coast. The sand is very coarse and a pinpointer really helps locating tiny gold earings etc in a wet sand pile and between rocky surfaces. The Garrett is my weapon of choice when using the Sov. and the X-Pointer when using the Etrac.