Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

pinpointer

shilohwig

Will adding a probe or pinpointer decrease sensitivity at all on the coil or affect the depth if not what is the best one to get thanks in advance

I can't tell if there is a depth reduction, so I assume there isn't. The Sunray probe is the best. The Pistol Probe is great if you don't want the extra weight of the inline probe added to your unit. The Garrett probe is good, as well

keep on diggin'

jimmyk in Missouri

Garrett pro pointer is the best for size and detection depth. Gets several inches on a large object. Where I live it get about 2" on a dime, but it really shines when you've dug a hole and want to find the target in the sides of the hole. It's really decreased the amount of recovery time for me.

If you only have one detector go with the Sunray Probe. I use five detectors so i use the Pistol probe and the Garretts pinpointers they are both good but the Pistol Probe is deeper by about 4". If i find a target and it is within 5" i can pinpoint it with the Pistol Probe before digging a plug. Only my opinion!

so i should get the sunray probe ? is there only one kind or model i just wanna get the best thanks alot guys for the info

Vibraprobe I have found to work the best with me.

I dont like switching over every time to the pinpointer, having it just ready to go is the way for me

So yesterday I almost missed a ring. So today I dug a hole I had a large 10k mens ring , platinum/18k large ring and a small thin 14k ring in auto. My f70 will pick them all up down to 8-10 inches covered. In open air 15 inch target I'd range from 13-22 , the ? I have if I go into my program all same settings except set my disc to 5 and my f70 doesn't pick them up covered at 3 inches in open air will pick up to about 5 inches even if rsisethe.
Threshold set same in auto and disc 5 to a -3. Amy ideas why is it because it's close to the disc at even disc at 1 I still don't get a signal . it finds coins in my program down to 8 inches but afraid passing up stuff. Any ideas thanks in advance