Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Pinpointer

u2robert

Does the Minelab pro-find-35 pinpointer make the Simplex+ go nuts like the Garrett carrot does?

Good question, but I haven't tried one to find out. I have tried my Makro pinpointer, the Garrett ProPointer AT w/Z-link technology, the Teknetics Tek-Point, and older black Garrett ProPointer, the XP MI-6 and the Nokta / Makro Pulse-Dime Pinpointer with all the detectors I own and use, to include my Simplex +. When I kneel down to recover a target and plan to use a pinpointer, I either set the detector down on my right side with the search coil at a distance away from me, or I grab the rod with my left hand and set it over on my left-side with the search coil back to the rear.

The only so-so interference I had was with the older Garrett and a little with the MI-6, but I reserve its use mainly with the XP ORX. Of all the pinpointers I evaluated I now use my Makro Pointer as a 'quick-grab' I stick in my back pocket for a short hunt of a site, and have gone to the Pulse-Dive Pin-Pointer as my regular-carry pinpointer on my gear belt. No issues and excellent performance. :thumbup:

Monte

Good question, but I haven't tried one to find out. I have tried my Makro pinpointer, the Garrett ProPointer AT w/Z-link technology, the Teknetics Tek-Point, and older black Garrett ProPointer, the XP MI-6 and the Nokta / Makro Pulse-Dime Pinpointer with all the detectors I own and use, to include my Simplex +. When I kneel down to recover a target and plan to use a pinpointer, I either set the detector down on my right side with the search coil at a distance away from me, or I grab the rod with my left hand and set it over on my left-side with the search coil back to the rear.

The only so-so interference I had was with the older Garrett and a little with the MI-6, but I reserve its use mainly with the XP ORX. Of all the pinpointers I evaluated I now use my Makro Pointer as a 'quick-grab' I stick in my back pocket for a short hunt of a site, and have gone to the Pulse-Dive Pin-Pointer as my regular-carry pinpointer on my gear belt. No issues and excellent performance. :thumbup:

Monte

The Simplex+ with the Garrett carrot drove me nuts I would get the coil
as far away from the pinpointer as I could and I would still get blasted thru the headphones

Switch frequency to F3 when using the carrot, tones it down .