Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Pinpointers MI6 vs Carrot

The MI6 can be boosted up to detect deeper here. It is not as sensitive along the barrel as the Carrot. When paired, the MI6 does not have a vibrate mode but it has two different interchangeable tones. However only one is active at a time. It also will go a long time between charges, long enough to forget to charge if you don't watch the startup lights. The MI6 doesn't interfere with the detector because MI6 shuts it off when in use. The only drawback here is if the target is deeper than the pinpointer can detect, you can't just pick up your detector and check, you have to turn the PP off first and then turn it on again as you dig down. Since most targets are within reach of the MI6 it is not often a problem. I have not had to send either PP back for service but I have had the Carrot almost since they came out and the MI6 for a year or two.

About the only issue to me is that if you hold a button too long on in the wrong sequence, it is possible to leave the paired mode and you will have to push the button in a a certain sequence to go back to the paired mode.

Personally, I prefer the TRX and F-Pulse to the Carrot but when using the Deus, it is always with the MI6. I don't use it with my other detectors as I would have to leave paired mode and adjust for vibrate, tone, or both and then go back to paired mode to use the Deus. It is much simpler to just grab a TRX, F-Pulse, or Carrot and I do use them all.

The MI6 can be boosted up to detect deeper here. It is not as sensitive along the barrel as the Carrot. When paired, the MI6 does not have a vibrate mode but it has two different interchangeable tones. However only one is active at a time. It also will go a long time between charges, long enough to forget to charge if you don't watch the startup lights. The MI6 doesn't interfere with the detector because MI6 shuts it off when in use. The only drawback here is if the target is deeper than the pinpointer can detect, you can't just pick up your detector and check, you have to turn the PP off first and then turn it on again as you dig down. Since most targets are within reach of the MI6 it is not often a problem. I have not had to send either PP back for service but I have had the Carrot almost since they came out and the MI6 for a year or two.

About the only issue to me is that if you hold a button too long on in the wrong sequence, it is possible to leave the paired mode and you will have to push the button in a a certain sequence to go back to the paired mode.

Personally, I prefer the TRX and F-Pulse to the Carrot but when using the Deus, it is always with the MI6. I don't use it with my other detectors as I would have to leave paired mode and adjust for vibrate, tone, or both and then go back to paired mode to use the Deus. It is much simpler to just grab a TRX, F-Pulse, or Carrot and I do use them all.
So the carrot is more sensitive and deeper than the MI6 at the tip?
Have you been able to leave the detector on while using the carrot?
Ii would think having the MI6 always turning off the detector would be a pain. Everything has to reboot and re pair all the time.doesn’t the detector also control the Mi6 sound going to the headphones or is it direct.

I use both but most of the time the MI6. But some times have to turn it back to link back to the Deus can be annoying so will some time use the carrot. Having both is a nice advantage.

So the carrot is more sensitive and deeper than the MI6 at the tip?
No, the carrot is more sensitive along the side but less sensitive at the tip.
Ii would think having the MI6 always turning off the detector would be a pain.
You don't have to turn off the detector, the pinpointer does it almost instantly when turned on. When you turn off the pinpointer, the detector automatically starts and again, very quickly. If I turn off the pinpointer while kneeling, the detector restarts before I am able to get back up. There is no rebooting going on. The detector (the coil) doesn't control the sound, the headphones and controller control it. The Deus headphones will pick up the MI6 even without the controller. Turn on the pinpointer and the headphones switch from the coil to the MI6 automatically. When you turn the MI6 off, the coil links back up automatically. In both instances it is usually very quickly. There is no need to adjust frequencies to prevent interference.

I use both but most of the time the MI6. But some times have to turn it back to link back to the Deus can be annoying so will some time use the carrot. Having both is a nice advantage.
If you run the mi6 independently like you would the carrot you don’t have to worry about any delays switching back and forth.
Advantages of having it paired you get sound through your headphones and battery life on the mi6 is something crazy like 70 hours. But with that said not pairing it the battery life is still around 20 hours, plenty for the day and you can hear and use it just like any other pinpointer.
Some have noted delays and connection issues when paired around areas of high emi.
Set it up whatever works best for you but either way seems the mi6 at max sensitivity is a little more sensitive all the way around.

If you run the mi6 independently like you would the carrot you don’t have to worry about any delays switching back and forth.
Advantages of having it paired you get sound through your headphones and battery life on the mi6 is something crazy like 70 hours. But with that said not pairing it the battery life is still around 20 hours, plenty for the day and you can hear and use it just like any other pinpointer.
Some have noted delays and connection issues when paired around areas of high emi.
Set it up whatever works best for you but either way seems the mi6 at max sensitivity is a little more sensitive all the way around.
I just bought one and the Orx as well.
Just need to get out and try em.

I use a Whites TRX. My horse eats the Carrot