Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Pinpointers

Anyone use the new XP MI-4 pinpointer? was wondering how you like the XP MI-4

I just order one, as the popular orange one is acting up with uncontrollable beeping. changed the batteries
but it still goes wacky have to bang it or turn it off & on to get it to stop beeping. I've owned 4 from that manufacturer & they are not reliable at all if I'm lucky
I get a year and half out of them. Thanks

I have one and like it. Rechargeable battery is great. Strong vibe function. No false-ing that I have noticed. A better holster is also included. I am happy with it.

I love mine I have the MI-6 though and a Deus but use it with my Equinox all the time
It floats to and the recharging is great no more batteries! All I use

What's the difference between the MI-4 & MI-6 and how long of run time do you get out of it between charges?-----Thanks
Mkus said:
I love mine I have the MI-6 though and a Deus but use it with my Equinox all the time

D&P-OR said:
What's the difference between the MI-4 & MI-6 and how long of run time do you get out of it between charges?-----Thanks

The Mi-6 is for those who own a Deus, it can interface with the Deus wirelessly

I've been impressed with the durability of the Carrot.

One of the things a lot of people don't realize about pinpointers is that they have small windings near the tip that can distort with pressure.

The first couple original black Garrett Pro-Pointers I had back in 2008-2009 I made the mistake of pushing them into the ground whenever I couldn't find a target in the hole. I can tell you from experience that will make a pinpointer go squirrelly in a relatively short amount of time. I bought 2 new Carrots back in late 2015 (I think) when I got a deal and got them both for under $200. I'm still on the first one, the tip wore through but I put a little rubber cap on it like they sell on fleabay and it's still working as it should.

I got one of the the XP-MI4 pin pointer this year and only used it a little, but what I have seen I really like it as it is rechargeable and waterproof too. One thing is read the instruction well and maybe keep a copy with you if you have a memory like mine (happens when you get old) as I thought it was defective one time as it wouldn't pick up anything, or I couldn't hear it as that is another problem when you get old. What I had did was shut off the vibrating by accident and has the sound, but I couldn't hear it. When I turned it on I went to set the sensitivity to max by hitting the button 3 times which I did, but when turning it on I must have held the button too long and got in the configuration mode and 3 push of the button shut off the vibrating mode..
I really like this pin pointer over the other hand held pin pointers.

Rick

Rick(ND) said:
I got one of the the XP-MI4 pin pointer this year and only used it a little, but what I have seen I really like it as it is rechargeable and waterproof too. One thing is read the instruction well and maybe keep a copy with you if you have a memory like mine (happens when you get old) as I thought it was defective one time as it wouldn't pick up anything, or I couldn't hear it as that is another problem when you get old. What I had did was shut off the vibrating by accident and has the sound, but I couldn't hear it. When I turned it on I went to set the sensitivity to max by hitting the button 3 times which I did, but when turning it on I must have held the button too long and got in the configuration mode and 3 push of the button shut off the vibrating mode..
I really like this pin pointer over the other hand held pin pointers.

Rick

Just got it, took me a little while to figure out how to program it, it came out of the box in Vibrate only mode. that confused me when I held the button for 5 secs I didn't get the beep I got a short vibrate.

so after watching the Youtube video of how to work It I finally figured it out. I prefer the vibrate off & LED off so as to prolong the battery life. I may change that once I actually use it in the field

but so far I like it

Of all the pin pointers made that I've tried so far, the Teknetics Tek - Pointer is the best.