Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Pinpointers

SSuper

As long as it works, why spend more?

I understand pinpointers that pair with headphones or have nonferrous settings, but other than that, why spend the loot?

I've grown rather fond of the Amazon/Chinese Garrett knockoffs.
Waterproof, durable, led light, does what it's supposed to, and only $20-$30!

Money is better spent on the actual detector or food/supplies for outings...

As long as it works, why spend more?

I understand pinpointers that pair with headphones or have nonferrous settings, but other than that, why spend the loot?

I've grown rather fond of the Amazon/Chinese Garrett knockoffs.
Waterproof, durable, led light, does what it's supposed to, and only $20-$30!

Money is better spent on the actual detector or food/supplies for outings...
What I have heard about the knockoffs is that they do not detect as well as the Garrett’s.
I have an original Pro Pointer that I bought in 2009, and lost count of how many times it has been dropped on the ground, asphalt, and concrete, and is still working as good as when it was new.
To me that was well spent money.
As far as the options you mentioned, I have no interest in that… turn on and off is all I need.

Last edited:
What I have heard about the knockoffs is that they do not detect as well as the Garrett’s.
I have an original Pro Pointer that I bought in 2009, and lost count of how many times it has been dropped on the ground, asphalt, and concrete, and is still working as good as when it was new.
To me that was well spent money.
As far as the options you mentioned, I have no interest in that… turn on and off is all I need.
I have one of the original on & off Garrets. It's old and I want to get a spare so I might just get one of the Chinese knock offs for $20. It irks me that the name brand ones cost over $100. They make life easier but I think they are over priced for what they do.

The actual metal detector is the needed workhorse. A handheld pinpointer is a convenience.

Just look at the reviews on Amazon and see what's good.

Attachments

• 16803807064625848946163124818074.jpg
    16803807064625848946163124818074.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 64
Well the xp mi6 for example if you have a deus, syncs with the detector so,
when you turn it on it turns off the detector so no interference then turns it back on when you are done automatically
You can hear the pinpointer through your headphones or detector
Many more sensitivity settings and detects further
Fast retune
If you lose it your detector sends a signal to sound it so you can locate it
Rechargeable battery that lasts 90 hours( try and beat that one)
Rubberized grip
Adjustable holster with swivel belt clip
Choice of tones, adjustable, with a equalizer
No im not a spokesman just stating the extras you are paying for.
Lets say you are willing though to sacrifice performance, add up all the money you spend on batteries and see then how much that $30 knock off costs if it lasts past two sets of batteries
With all that the original Garrett is still better preforming and more efficient.
Why buy a name brand detector for that matter just buy a $50 knock off detector if its all just hype.

I have one of the original on & off Garrets. It's old and I want to get a spare so I might just get one of the Chinese knock offs for $20. It irks me that the name brand ones cost over $100. They make life easier but I think they are over priced for what they do.
If your going to get a spare detector just get a $50 knock off.
Im sure it will be as good as your main detector

My knockoff is only helping in the very last part of a find and hasn't let me down. My actual detector does all the real work.

I don't have a Deus and have no plans on getting one.

I do understand the merit of tricked out features, but I don't really need all that. The rechargeable battery is sweet though!

Well the xp mi6 for example if you have a deus, syncs with the detector so,
when you turn it on it turns off the detector so no interference then turns it back on when you are done automatically
You can hear the pinpointer through your headphones or detector
Many more sensitivity settings and detects further
Fast retune
If you lose it your detector sends a signal to sound it so you can locate it
Rechargeable battery that lasts 90 hours( try and beat that one)
Rubberized grip
Adjustable holster with swivel belt clip
Choice of tones, adjustable, with a equalizer
No im not a spokesman just stating the extras you are paying for.
Lets say you are willing though to sacrifice performance, add up all the money you spend on batteries and see then how much that $30 knock off costs if it lasts past two sets of batteries
With all that the original Garrett is still better preforming and more efficient.
Why buy a name brand detector for that matter just buy a $50 knock off detector if its all just hype.
The only problem is once you link it you have to un link it to use as a stand alone pointer as I have two detectors so a friend gave me his MI4 which he did not like????
so that solved that problem one for each detector.They are my choice I hate buying batteries!
Mark

The only problem is once you link it you have to un link it to use as a stand alone pointer as I have two detectors so a friend gave me his MI4 which he did not like????
so that solved that problem one for each detector.They are my choice I hate buying batteries!
Mark
So I was wondering about having to use it as a standalone you just have to go in and unpaired and repair again, correct

Yes, why spend more money on who actually developed the product when you can have a cheap Chinese counterfeit sold in an identical box? Reverse engineering without regard to patents is a wonderful thing, huh? And why should we pay Garrett when they use expensive US labor instead of cheap foreign ones? [sarc.]
I guess the president isn't the only one! Take away business from the US and give it to China. What could possibly go wrong?

Never been a big Garrett fan anyway. I won't lose sleep over this and I can put the savings towards more important things.

Considering what I understand this nation's "values" and priorities to be, I don't really care at all.