Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

PinPointing in Relic Mode

Charlives

Only in relic mode I hear multiple sounds when using the pin point function over a single target. It doesn't happen in other programs, just relic. You hear a large sound before the target, then a smaller sound over the target, then another large sound after the target. So a coin sized target makes three sounds over a two feet area rendering it useless when any other targets are within a foot away. Anyone having this issue?

I contacted my dealer who said to contact xpdeus who wanted me to allow them to "collect and use" my information before they would look at my submission.

Ok, I guess I'm the only one experiencing this on the D2...how about is anyone not being able to get the large numbers up by pushing the two right side keys simultaneously? I either get the scan or the volume...never the switch to large numbers.

That is an odd one Charlives. I saw your video so I know you are not hallucinating. ;) Why this just happened in Relic is a mystery. It definitely sounded like pinpoint mode needed to be detuned. But you would think it would sound like that no matter what program you happened to be hunting in.

Thanks, LS! I showed my (our) distributer and they told me it was normal and sent me Gary's video archives to watch. He's got figuratively 8 million vids. lol
So it doesn't happen to you?

I haven't tried it yet Charlives. Didn't get out this weekend. But next weekend I will put the controller on the stem and use the PP function.

Having the exact same issues, with pinpointing and big numbers. Also, I’d say more than half the time hitting the pinpoint button causes the audio to max out and pinpoint square to fill in completely. This is not just in Relic mode, but any program. Extremely irritating! I recently upgraded to 7 but am going to downgrade to 6 to see if it fixes the problem.

Do you push the PP button again to retune?
Yes I tried that. I've tried having the pinpointing auto on and off. The screaming audio is just so bad. I'm going to try to make a video of it.

I just got an email from XP regarding ANOTHER pinpointing issue I have. This one was that pinpointing doesn't work at all after I push the button. I see the pinpoint rectangle but no sound. I have to turn PP off then on again and it will work. XP said, "We will correct it in the next version soon." So they're aware of THAT issue.

I haven't tried pinpoint yet. But I get the same thing with trying to change profiles with the shortcut buttons. Anyone know the fix yet?