Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Pinpointing issues? A "must read"

Andy Sabisch

Probably the most common issue that I have seen with customers of mine has been signals that disappear when switching to Pinpoint that were clear in the search mode.

There are a few tricks in ensuring yoru coil is not over another signal when switchign to Pinpoint so that the detector does not retune to the stronger signal (and other posts have covered those situations), but have you checked the Pinpoint sensitivity?

When you adjust the Sensitivity level for searching, the setting for Pinpoint remains unchanged . . . . . and the default is "75". So if you have a deep target that comes through in your search mode with the Sensitivity set at say "95", you may in fact not get any response when you go to pinpoint. Check the setting and bump it up if it is still at the default setting.

"Tenspeed" posted several finds he has made since picking up his Deus and was surprised to see that the two settings were so different . . . . hopefully those deeper signals will come through in Pinpoint now

A tip to remember in the field

Andy Sabisch

Hmmm, I'll have to check that...Thanks Andy
However my pinpoint has always done better than disc mode.
I set the coil on the ground away from the target before switching.
I don't know why but sometimes I've had to lift my coil a couple inches over the target before I got a signal.
Since I started leaving the coil on the ground, that hasn't happened.

This is hit and miss for me. I have this happen on targets being detected just a few inches, so I don't think raising my pp sens will help what I have seen. I must not understand the detune thought.

I still like to use the crossing over 90` method. ie East to West turn myself sideways and repeat.

I miss very little and on the Deus the horseshoe when kissing the ground with the coil face will fill and darken as you come over the find.

You will be surprised just how good you can become using this method. :thumbup: Jerry.