Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

pinpointing probes

I guys, It my first time on the forum, I getting ready to get a new pinpointer. Which do ya'll like the best: Automax, Vibra probe or bullseye II. Please give me some feedback. Thanks Littletwig

Bullseye is simple and to the point.

It is easyer to handle but doesn't

go as deep. But do you need that much.

I want to know the object is close to the

end of the probe. Easier that way.

I have a $40 Tiny Tec. And I like it just

fine.

I would rather have a Bullseye though. I think.

It could be that the Tiny Tec actually works better.

The Bullseye has a more solid frame than the Tiny Tec.

HH,

I have a Vibraprobe 570, ~ I'm happy with it.

I get a nickel @ 1 1/2"... :detecting:

I also have a Sunray X1 fitted to my Explorer SE...
This Sunray X1 is an awesome pinpointer, ~ 3" on the nickel !
With full ID shown on the TID...

I have an Automax V2 that I've used for years. It's like the Energiser Bunny, just keeps going no matter how I abuse it. I've used it so much the tip actually has a hole worn in it, but it still keeps working. I've used the VibraProbe, but I still like the Automax better, maybe because of the long thin probe that can easily get into a smaller hole. Also the sensitivity is adjustable and that comes in handy at times. Only drawback I've found is that you have to turn it on manually and readjust the sensitivity nearly every time, but I got used to that pretty fast. I would buy another.

Marc

i bought the 15 dollar one from harbor frieght. it dosent vibrate or nothing and dosent go that deep but i have found alot more with it than if i didnt have it. my goal is to get the bullseye one. maybe someday...

Thanks guy for all your input. Littletwig

as you can see I use a wizard the kind that looks for nails in studs, all I did was open the case and seal it with some silicone and adjust the sensitivity to the max and i get like 1-2 inch depth depending on the soil type and heck it was cheap, so far it's lasted 2 years Just a thought if you are trying to do it on a budget.

Once you use a hand held pin pointer for a week or two it spoils the hunter you don;t want to search unless you have one.I use a Bullseye 2 and bought a Sherlock which isn't even in the same league as the Whites ergonomics and tuning is off the Sherlock and the probe isn't long enough.The Sunray probe I have used on the Sovereigns outclass the Whites by a wide margin more depth and pinpoints and IDs at the same-time.If have recovered a lot of small coins at a foot I would have otherwise left for a false target.

I'm with you there. I went out this Memorial day weekend and found the Harbor Frieght $15.00
pinpointer did a good enough job. Recovered more than a few targets I could not otherwise have found
without making the hole bigger. Before I DO buy a $100 to $170 pinpointer I want to try one first
and see how good it really is. For that kind of money it better be more than a few wires and transistors.
RR

I just ordered that $15 pin pointer from Harbor Freight over the weekend. I figured if I don't like to use one or I use it wrong and mess it up, I'm only out $15. If it works for me then I don't mind getting a more expensive one, however, I have to agree with Rob-Roy, I would want to try one first. Why spend the money if a cheaper one will do the same job. If they work only a little better I don't know if it's worth the $100+ price difference.

Now THAT is true! I've become so dependent on mine that I just can't go out at all without it. I get the nervous shakes when I try to hunt without a pinpointer. Guess it's the "Pinpointer DT"s"! :rofl:

Marc

I have a Bullseye II and I almost never use it. Also have a few 'kit' pin-pointers [it was a phase I went through]. Anyway an old timer told me I was a sissy for not learning to 'properly' "X" a target so I took him to task. The old fart is good. He swingings through, makes a face and pops the coin from the ground with his probe. So it has taken practice, but I can now pop a target or two to his one. He still tells me I am a sissy and if he was 30 years younger I would stomp him for it, but the pin-pointers have been retired [mostly]. Naaa I don't need no sissy pin-pointer [but I got one hidden in my bag just in case he isn't looking].
Happy Hunting,
Doug in OR