Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

PINPOINTING PROBLEM

The Vision on the side wouldn't bother me. As a matter of fact I think it would be cool. I also would like to have a V3 or Vision that was personally tested by Carl so there was no doubt in my mind that by detector was working correctly. My D2 was bad, Carl pulled one and then tested the null for me. When I got it I new it would be good.

Every time there is a question about the depth or a coil everyone starts checking and doubting theirs. I know I do. You've now got no worry. But If a V is what you want go for it, and I'm sure you will get one. Good luck Rob

Hi,
Please let me know how the "new" one pinpoints. I think mine reads the same as your "old" one. 0" if the target is 6" and under.
Thanks

RedBird, what is the strength of your ground?
It is possible that you are running your gain a bit high for your ground. I don't know what your ground is like (which is why I asked for the above info). If you are running the gain too high, targets will be swamped by the ground signals. If that is the case, then lowering your gain should help. If you lower your gain, you can then increase your disc sens
I did some testing about two hours my readings are phase 2.5-173, 7.5-170 ,22.5-171, strength gain is ,2.5 -3.8, 7.5- 3.7, 22.5- 3.9
I am running at gain 4 disc 77 all metal 69 running with three frequencies beach program
I am still having trouble with the depth ,1 1/2 would be 4 , 5 inches still digging after reaching 5 gave up at 10 compared to the dfx I did not encounter this
also the identification is also not on the money
I definitely know that I am missing targets the dfx would give me a better idea on identification
I will keep testing any more ideas are welcomed

Thank you Larry for standing up for me you tell it like it is,Wright is wright wrong is wrong,I did tell Carl what detector i had....I under stand people make mistakes.
I just wish whites would recognize there is some thing going on with these detectors.....I really like the spectra its a very deep digging detector i would go as for as saying its deeper than my T2.....I know there has to be a fix,I have not try the one they have sent me yet,I had a trip plan but it rain and hard so we stayed home....But ill keep you guys posted,Thanks for your time Larry.....

I did not ask Carl if he tested the one he sent out,He did say keep mine until i have used the new one,I have to say if your talking to Carl you will be help not
saying the rest of the whites team is any different from him he is just the one i have been dealing with...The thing we have to remember is Whites has been around for a very long time they will stand behind there detectors i have not yet led to believe any different than that yet....

This relpy is for lawsonland....the pinpoint was on time it was the depth that was wrong,The new detector is doing the same thing not as bad but still the same.....

It's the weekend. Anne gets a break from work. I bet you will see the reply tomorrow. I write her often and that's how it works. Rob

Thanks Rob will wait for answer.:nopity:
Today I had a few deep signals live pinpoint would read at 9 actual pinpoint would be 5 dug at five used pinpoint no signal kept digging until I reached my handle which is 10 used the pinpointer no signal gave up thats alot of digging got a few like that and they all read 85 92 they came in loud and clear was happy until I found nothing can't keep digging they will probably lock me up had a few like that .
I just get annoyed when it throws those false signals. The pinpointing fools me all the time,:rage: had a few that read like coin but ended up being pull tabs reading 1 1\2 ended up being 5 inches .everything seems to be a guess:cry: I'm really not liking this at all :starwars:.The probability of damaging coins goes up with this,:poke: why is it that my second machine was on the money and this one is one big guess:thumbdown: I cant figure this out
Gain 4 disc 54 allmet 49 beach program used 2.5 and all three freq 10hz high:rant:

Well if doesn't work it doesn't work and nothing anyone says is going to change that. If it doesn't work send it in. Everyone has pretty much given their advise and opinions. Dragging it out isn't going to help you. Two of the Indiana guys changed theirs out and they seem to be OK now. I'm glad I'm enjoying mine. Good Luck whatever you decide. Carl, Anne and Todd have been good to me. Rob

Well if doesn't work it doesn't work and nothing anyone says is going to change that. If it doesn't work send it in. Everyone has pretty much given their advise and opinions. Dragging it out isn't going to help you. Two of the Indiana guys changed theirs out and they seem to be OK now. I'm glad I'm enjoying mine. Good Luck whatever you decide. Carl, Anne and Todd have been good to me. Rob

Do you understand that this is my third machine it gets pretty expensive sending it out, if I send it out this would be the fourth, I am trying to have patience before sending this in .You are not making it any better with your response, if you cant say anything to help don't say it. I will wait and post what I experience and I would like to know for sure if it is determined if the machine has to go back .

I wasn't trying to make you mad, all I said was if it didn't work how could anything anyone says make it work right. I'm sure you are an experienced detector so you must be operating it correctly, so that can't be the problem, right. I've been following your posts and it seems you are in the same situation as you were in the beginning, Right. I won't post on your post and good luck. Rob

>>this is my third machine it gets pretty expensive sending it out, if I send it out this would be the fourth<<

Time to ask White's to send a "Pickup Slip", = No cost to you.

Jerry

Well i have try my new detector that Carl has sent it is better but not on time,Still the depth is off and on top of that he sent me a vision not the spectra v3,I know its the same but if i ever sell most want the v3 on the side of the box,I will do what ever i have to i want what i had i do thank Carl for helping me he seems like a nice guy.I hope he does not give me any trouble i the changing of the detector.....If im wrong please tell me i just want what i had......Thanks greg...

redbird said:
Today I had a few deep signals live pinpoint would read at 9 actual pinpoint would be 5 dug at five used pinpoint no signal kept digging until I reached my handle which is 10 used the pinpointer no signal gave up thats alot of digging got a few like that and they all read 85 92 they came in loud and clear was happy until I found nothing can't keep digging they will probably lock me up had a few like that .

Remember that the depth is based on the signal returned from a coin-sized target. The situation you described above is almost certainly an aluminum can or something like that buried a foot deep or more -- a bigger target down deep will return a signal similar to a smaller target closer to the top. I've had that happen to me a few times too, but don't consider it a problem.

everything seems to be a guess:cry:

To a certain point, it is -- there are so many variables involved that I'm surprised it's even possible. Different sizes of targets, different surrounding ground, proximity of other metals, angle of the target, speed of the coil swing, not to mention detector settings -- all of those affect the signal received, which affects perceived depth. I'm glad I didn't have to write the software to figure it all out. :)

Don't mean to get off topic but...

LS, you said that Carl sent you a refurbished unit. Well, just a quick note on some refurbed V3's - The V3 had already been distributed to numerous dealers when they changed the name from V i s i o n to Spectra V3. Many dealers sent back their initial stock of V i s i o n labeled units for Spectra V3 labeled units. Since they can only be sold "New" once, these units had to be labeled as refurbs. We currently have several of these units in stock and before we send them out we check three things - 1. The serial number - to see if they were just sold and returned by a dealer or if it was purchase returned by a retail customer, 2. We make sure it has the current 1.3v software update, and 3. We test the coil. We've already had several that were only purchased and returned by the dealer (meaning a brand new - never used unit). If it's a matter of the possibility of selling the unit at a future date - the potential buyer can call us and verify the original purchase date, the dealer that sold the unit and how many owners the unit has had. I personally think there is just to much hype in whether it has V i s i o n or Spectra V3 on it - it's still the same detector.

andreak77 said:
Don't mean to get off topic but...

LS, you said that Carl sent you a refurbished unit. Well, just a quick note on some refurbed V3's - The V3 had already been distributed to numerous dealers when they changed the name from V i s i o n to Spectra V3. Many dealers sent back their initial stock of V i s i o n labeled units for Spectra V3 labeled units. Since they can only be sold "New" once, these units had to be labeled as refurbs. We currently have several of these units in stock and before we send them out we check three things - 1. The serial number - to see if they were just sold and returned by a dealer or if it was purchase returned by a retail customer, 2. We make sure it has the current 1.3v software update, and 3. We test the coil. We've already had several that were only purchased and returned by the dealer (meaning a brand new - never used unit). If it's a matter of the possibility of selling the unit at a future date - the potential buyer can call us and verify the original purchase date, the dealer that sold the unit and how many owners the unit has had. I personally think there is just to much hype in whether it has V i s i o n or Spectra V3 on it - it's still the same detector.

That was exactly the case. The unit I sent was a dealer exchange for re-programming and was new/unused, but we can't sell it as such.

- Carl

It looks like your ground should be able to accommodate the settings you have chosen.

Are you detecting on wet sand, or normal ground? If both, do you see the problem in both places? (and only in pinpoint mode)

Reviewing your other messages, I'm seeing that you are seeing the depth reporting incorrectly while pinpointing - not the search modes. If I read this wrong, let me know. But, pinpoint should be correct, search modes will be off.

If you are on the beach, make sure that the coil is on the ground before entering pinpoint. The strength of the salt water will have an effect on the depth reading if you start with the coil in the air.
Make sure that the detector is balanced. If you have auto tracking off, manually ground balance before entering pinpoint. Probably wouldn't hurt to do that even if you have auto tracking on just to make sure that it's not a tracking issue. If you have a lot of trash in the area that you're hunting, it is possible that it's going to track a bit off because of that trash. This may cause some depth reporting problems too. If manually ground balancing fixes the problem, then you need to adjust your tracking settings.
And as has been mentioned before, big deep targets will read the same as small shallow targets. Coin size targets should be close. But, with ground conditions, it won't be 100% accurate either.

Unfortunately, that's all I can think of that would cause the depth to be off that much. It's hard diagnosing a problem when the detector is there and not here and I'm not seeing the same thing with our detectors.

Are you detecting on wet sand, or normal ground? If both, do you see the problem in both places? (and only in pinpoint mode)
I am on normal ground and beach
Reviewing your other messages, I'm seeing that you are seeing the depth reporting incorrectly while pinpointing - not the search modes. If I read this wrong, let me know. But, pinpoint should be correct, search modes will be off.
Live searrch would read 8 but when pinpointing it will drop to 4 or 5

Thank you ak 1234 for the diagnosis I will do what you say sometime this week
I want to thank all for your positive help on fixes The last thing I want to do is give up and send it back I will also try to find someone in the area so I can compare machines with, With all thats happening around us I am trying to limit the cost So all bear with me

Live search is not accurate. You'd probably be better off just turning off that feature for now to not be distracted. Is the pinpoint depth accurate, or is it off too? You said that pinpoint would read 4, but how deep was the target?

Since you are detecting both wet sand and normal ground, do you see good depth reporting on one, and not the other? Or is it off on both? (Again, pinpoint only). And by how much for each?