Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Pinpointing question?

coyote

Recently purchased a 705 and slowly getting familiar with it in the field. This question is related to the pinpointing method when using the detector for coin, relic, treasure hunting? Correct me if I'm wrong or just missing something? The manual explains an uses the Pinpointing mode. However, is it possible to use the Prospecting button to accomplish the same thing and be just as effective & quick? Has anybody tried this or heard of this before?

I came across a video by Mal using the 705 on youtube and was rather intriqued by this method. Haven't had the time or right weather to try this yet. What say ye? Hope I'm not out of line here for asking? Not trying to induce any friction but would like to know the rest of the story and share it with the Forum. Thank you very much!

Here's a little on the subject.
http://www.findmall.com/read.php?55,1652536

Thanks Old Longhair for taking the time to reply - Not only do I need to get familiar with the 705 but also on thinking to search the Forum for previous postings. You made my day.

No problem, and you're welcome.

If you haven't already, download Randy's free e-book "Understanding Your X-Terra"(link @ top of page). It will do more to familiarize you with the functions and capabilities of your 705 than any other singular thing.

Enjoy! And HH!