Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Pinpointing with F75 - Here's How I Do It

wallyblackburn

A few folks have said that they have trouble pinpointing with the F75. I seem to pinpoint with it pretty well, although most of my targets are in 4-7 inch range. I use the "wiper blade" coverage of the DD coil and the "trigger re-pull" to aid pinpointing:

OK, you have swept a target and know the approximate position. Coming from the side, you pull the trigger to pinpoint and get closer, now, while you are just a little to either side of max signal, quickly release and pull trigger again. This reduces the pinpoint sensitivity, tightening the pinpoint. You can do this more than once - sometimes you might overdo it and no longer get a signal at all - then you have to start over.

All right, you have the PP pretty tight, now move coil back and forth along center "wiper" to get max signal. At this point, you should be pretty much dead on, but if you want to really zero in, keep holding the trigger and move 90 degrees around target (like there is a dowel rod going through the center of the coil and into the ground and you are pivoting around it). Now move coil ONLY left-right for max signal - at this point, the target should be smack under the center of the coil.

On yesterday's hunt, I was able to cut a 2x2" plug and have the coin either in the plug or in the hole every time. Hope this is clear.

Have fun,
Wally