Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Pinpointing with the AT PRO

Terry in PA

Anyone else out there having problems pinpointing with the DD coil on your AT PRO. I've been use to all my older Garrett's the gta1000,Gti 1500,Gti2000,Gti2500. When you pinpoint with them it's dead center in the coil. I've found myself digging a hole only to keep digging and making it larger and larger to find the target. I tried to pinpoint off the tip also. I think it has to do with the blunted tip on the coil making a larger signal around the coil. I had one heck of a time finding a target the other day and finely gave up on it I was tired of digging a larger and larger hole. I also found a small coin spill and got to the last target which the detector said was dead center in the hole. After digging and digging I finely found the target was on the back side of the hole about 5 inches or so out of the hole not the center. Going to take some time to figure this out. Didn't try to detune it yet but might give it a try to see if that helps.

Look at the dotted line across the top. It gets longer when you get closer. When it is on the target, dig where the wire goes into the coil and it will be in the center there.

Yes that works the same as the GTA and GTI detectors I've used in the past. But that for some reason seems like it's not center. Or could be something else is near the target . Seems like it has a huge detection field from the coil on the sides also.

I get my best accuracy by pinpointing with the coil about 6-8 inches above the ground. I think the eddies produced by the target sometimes confuse the machine at close proximity.

Pin Point then rotate the coil on the center 90 degrees and pin point again. If that doesn't do it there is another target under the coil, or a problem with the machine. The DD coil detect with the center, from to back, of the coil. Even if not dead center the target has to be on that line. When you push the pin point button it narrows that line to a much smaller area.

Pin Point then rotate the coil on the center 90 degrees and pin point again. If that doesn't do it there is another target under the coil, or a problem with the machine. The DD coil detect with the center, from to back, of the coil. Even if not dead center the target has to be on that line. When you push the pin point button it narrows that line to a much smaller area.