Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

pinpointing with the Nel Thunder Coil on the AT Pro

maxxkatt

When I try pinpointing with the nel thunder I really cannot get it down much more than the width of the coil by going from east to west and north and south. The best way for me is just to use the front tipoff the coil and listen to where the signal appears and disappears and walk around the target 360 degrees.
That gives me about a 1-2 square inch pinpointed area of the target. I have experimented with this technique with a coin on the ground and buried coils I have found in my front yard.
Anyone have a better solution?
Also with the Nel Thunder on the AT pro how accurate is the depth on the VDI?

You can also try detuning the coil, where you center the coil on the target holding the pin point button. Let the pinpoint button go and then push and hold it again, keeping the coil steady, then do this again. You can do it several times, and each time the coil operates like it has shrunk.

Another way is to keep the coil about 12-15" above the target, hold the pinpoint button and find the center. Lower the coil straight down over the target, and that should pretty well be center.

Good luck!