Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

pinpointing ?

redbird

I hit a good signal 75 74 at 5 inches I knew it was a dime when I used the pinpointing it would not stay stable, pinpointing would disappear, I was using rx 12, disc 85, almet 78, vco on, 950 loop,using the coin jewlery and salt had to lower all met to stabilize it. Hit a quarter signal had a mix of 83 91 at 5 inches (silver quarter) did the same tried to use the boost still the same. all other coins registering at 0 to 3.5 would pinpoint perfect
Any Ideas?

Hi redbird,
I just read a post somewhere saying that SAT (Self Adjusting Threshold) is shut off when the Spectra is put into pinpoint mode. My understanding of the post is that with SAT off, the threshold volume can drift and the longer it is in pinpoint the more it can drift. Evidently the drift can go either way to louder or lower volume. Hope I am remembering what was in the post correctly.

I have not gone out to test this yet. However, I have experienced times on hunts when the pinpoint volume either got very loud or got so low that the signal seemed to disappear. A large threshold drift could explain what happened.

Maybe this is what you experienced.

Bob

You are right Bob about the SAT off in pinpoint. If it wasn't the SAT would try to return to threshold and we couldn't pinpoint easy. Make sure to start the pinpoint away from the target. At all metal 78 pinpointing is harder, why so high if you are using coin and jewelry? Rob

(At all metal 78 pinpointing is harder, why so high if you are using coin and jewelry? Rob)
I just wanted to see how far I can go without it going crazy Any way I will lower it more to see the reaction How about the silver signal that should have came in nice and clear but it wasn't,.... jumpy

A higher all metal might work if you were hunting in all metal or mixed mode. In C/j it has no effect while searching. It could make pinpoint deeper but harder to zero in on the target.

How about the silver signal that should have came in nice and clear but it wasn't,.... jumpy
Who knows, ground minerals, ferrous objects close, coins on edge. I dig all signals like those.

Why were you using salt? Rob

I was just experimenting with the cj and salt that day, Also I live on an island. Anyway there is a positive gain with the silver

if you just received your machine back from the factory upgrade check to make sure the vco is turned on, when mine came back it was off and i had a hard time pinpointing also once the vco was turned on my pin pointing came back.

hope this helps

sarge

I THINK SARGE MAY BE ON TO SOMETHING. I JUST GOT MINE BACK AFTER UPGRADE AND PINPOINT WAS RATCHET - NOT VCO. THAT WOULD EXPLAIN YOUR ISSUE - RATCHET DETUNES ON EACH PASS - EVENTUALLY LOSING SIGNAL. JUST A THOUGHT - HOPE YOU FIGURE IT OUT. HH

No need to shout ( all caps). you should know if VCO is not on. It sounds entirely different. Rob