Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

pinpointing

Pondmn

How does the pinpointing button work on the Deus. I know about the cross at right angle method, but, am wondering if there is a button pinpoint that gets louder as you come nearer to the center of the coil over the target. thanks

I've found that the pinpoint does not work well on deep targets. Meaning that sometimes it will not pick up the target at all or will be very inconsistent. Therefore, I prefer using a different method, i.e., pulling the coil back, wiggle, or centering from different angles. Has anyone else had problems using pinpoint on deeper targets?

E-TREC-Virginia said:
I've found that the pinpoint does not work well on deep targets. Meaning that sometimes it will not pick up the target at all or will be very inconsistent. Therefore, I prefer using a different method, i.e., pulling the coil back, wiggle, or centering from different angles. Has anyone else had problems using pinpoint on deeper targets?

Press the pinpoint button again to detune it, it may help.

I use NS & EW Crossing, but have you tried using your horseshoe indicator at the same time?

As you move closer to the item with the coil kissing the ground the horseshoe will fill up when over the find it will be at its maximum.:)

Practice it at home.:cheers:Jerry,

E-TREC-Virginia said:

You may have your sensitivity on pin point to low. You can adjust it separately of the regular sensitivity.

Big Boys Hobbies said:
E-TREC-Virginia said:

You may have your sensitivity on pin point to low. You can adjust it separately of the regular sensitivity.

Thanks Bart, did not know that. I usually do not use pinpoint, but I thought I would give it a try on the Deus. I'll have to go back and read that section of the owners manual for adjusting the pinpoint sens and retuning it (thanks Finder82).

Jerry (JBM) - Already knew about the horseshoe, but thanks for mentioning it.