Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Pinpointing

poorman

I love the VCO Pinpoint on the T2. I even like the tone and squeel it gives out.I am having a slight problem with accuracy though.My windage seems to be OK(Within an inch anyhow) but the elevation seems to vary so much. I think OK, it is just behind the second web from the front, then it goes in front of the second web. About 1 out of 8 I hit the coin with my probe the first time. I can't seem to get it closer than 2 1/2 inches consistently. Anyone else having this problem? I always lay the coil on the ground and drag it forward and back for my final pinpoint. Maybe I should hold it off the groung an inch or so.???

Hi Poorman,

once i pin point the object by skimming the grass or dirt i raise and lower the coil slightly and mark the strongest signal while still in pin point, this seems to work better for me.

Arnie

pinpoint on ANY DETECTOR depends on what the actual target is ,if its a coin they are usually pretty accurate if its a artefact or scrap metal or tube like the pinpointing will be harder for the machine ,its just something that one day pops into place with the t2 ,beleive me one day it will happen and then you will get it right everytime

Coenwolf; Thanks for the reply. I know what you mean about falling in place after awhile. I have had that happen many times with other issues on a new machine. I am having to unlearn some things with the T2...like don't loiter over the target..and don't short stroke the target. The T2 seems to give jumpy target ID if you do that. It likes nice smooth full sweeps.I played with it for several hours before reading the manual. Not good. I recomend reading the manual at least twice as soon as possible. Notice I didn't say first. WHO CAN WAIT THAT LONG........The more I use it, the more I love it. I am disabled with major hearing loss. Even I with good Headphones am starting to understand it's language. My first Blue P/T locked on Nickle and I said to myself,"no way, that has to be a P/T" sure enough. I called two in a row. Yep, sure love the T2

Most of the time it is just ahead of the circle/dot on top of the coil,but remember iam in colorado and the soil has alot of mineralization and hot rocks.

Good Hunting

Arnie

Has anyone out there tried to adjust the pin point setting by turning the knob while in pinpont ,when you are in pin point and just start to turn the knob it starts at 55 and you can turn it up or down, havent had much time out lately was just wondering if anyone has played with that feature ?

Thanks ,
Arnie

Good Hunting :twodetecting:

go to Toddys sitre and download his manual he has pinpointing in there

http://www.teknetics-owners.com/index.php

[quote Cooky]go to Toddys sitre and download his manual he has pinpointing in there

http://www.teknetics-owners.com/index.php[/quote]

Who is toddy mans forums, please what is a sitre this word you have spelled i do not understand