Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Place to hunt fossils

I live in Massachusetts and I'm looking for a place to take my grandson fossil detecting.He's 3 years old so just some place that might have some easy to find for him, but'll I'll have a few in my pocket to seed for him in case we don't find any since I don't want to ruin it for him.

Call your local college's geology dept and ask them. Or better yet, stop by and grab one of the profs or grad students and ask them. Be sure to play up the grandson angle! And good luck!

Be VERY careful when seeding. My elderly grandfather caught my uncle seeding shark teeth in floriduh and never went hunting with him again.

There are several rock, gem, and mineral clubs in Massachusetts. Try contacting a couple of them. They should be able to direct you to places to hunt or to persons that can help.