Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

"Plain" F75 owners - which upgrade and why?

Ok guys, here's a question for any of you with the standard F75, which thanks to one of our forum dealers I have on the way - clean used, not a brand new unit, so there's no warranty involved. (No boost process/Cache Setting is the big thing I'm missing from what I can see).

The quesiton is this. My main type of hunting is about a 50/50 split between park hunts and field hunting - my road has several large plowed fields including a couple of early 1800's homesites which I hit when the crops are gone.

I'm sending the F75 in to FT for the upgrade - since it's used and new to me I figure I'd be a moron to not get a checkup and overhaul for $159, but did any of you feel the $300 upgrade adds or added SO MUCH more to the unit that it's worth it? Right now I'm leaning towards the 'regular' upgrade. The soil here in southern indiana is fairly mild (usually 1-2 bars on the Fe meter of my F5) so I honestly don't know if bp/cache modes will add that much. Of the fields I have access to only one is planted with corn and would benefit from the boost mode as you have to swing over the stubs in the fall, since my understanding is that you gain more depth when in that type scenario. The other fields are tilled under.

I figure for $200 I can get a freshly rebuilt machine and a year's warranty. Money's a little tight and I don't know if the bigger update is worth it. Help!

Thanks and HH all!

If I understand the upgrade deal, if you have a machine that already has the boost and CL mode the upgrade is the $159. I you have the standard model like you ordered the up grade will cost you up in the $300 something.

So when you get into it I think you need to check and make sure before you buy. So bottom line I don't think you will have the $159 option and what you will get back is full upgrade to the LTD 2 level.

I could be wrong, but that was my take on the upgrade.

Ron in WV

just checked the link..hoosier is correct..f75 to f75 dst is $159 ..boost is nice but i use je mostly..boost does come in handy to check iffy signals though,and for sure if you hunt tall grass or stubble.

My thinking on it was this,
If I took $309.00 and sold my standard F75 for whatever the market would give me for it ( she works but she doesn't get babied, dings and paint fading etc.) Could I buy a used F75 ltd?? Maybe, seen some reasonable prices on the used market... But then I would have the boost and cache modes with the same troubles with EMI that have plagued us all at one location or another.

So in my thinking that $309 is well spent, I will have the best that Fisher has to offer at the moment. And my baby will have a full check up as well, Goes without saying I don't want to spend what FT is asking for one of the new upgraded LTD2 model F75's lol.

So it was a no brainer for me. And mine is still in transit to El Paso as I type this :)

Lakota

I went for the $309 upgrade on my 2007 F75se (though I don't think the original - which was called Special Edition - had the features of the later SEs). So I have now FA, bP and CL processes added and more tones, plus I can switch to v. 9.0 or 9.1 for the EMI shielding. Both seem more stable that it was before the upgrade.

I did agonize a bit over putting $309 into a detector I paid $950 for - but it brings me up to 2015 features and I like the rest of the detector, which was in good shape, so I went for it. I did not send in my Sunray Probe or 6.5" elliptical coil - but both seem to work OK with the upgraded detector.

From what I can tell they put a completely new hand grip and head unit on my upper shaft (including a smaller trigger/toggle), gave me a new lower shaft and opened the 11" coil for some work in there. We're frozen and under snow so I have only been playing with quarters on the snow but the stability of the updated detector is VERY noticeable vs. what it was. I can also use it indoors and I never could at any level or process before.

I don't think I'm getting any deeper - but it certainly is easier to pick out the signal. And the FA process intrigues me. I'm curious to run this in a few very trashy town parks that have yielded Barbers in the past.

But I really won't know if it was money well spent until I can get out and dig!

Thanks for the responses guys. After checking on Fisher's upgrade page I can get the 'F75 to New Enhanced F75' deal that comes with ALL of the upgrades except the boost and cache modes for the $159. Considering the absolute deal I got on the F75 (the big upgrade would almost double what I have invested in this beast) and that fact that no one has really said the Boost Process is one of those 'can't live without it' features I think I'm going to go that route. I'm hoping that the je or pf modes and finds I hope to grab this coming year are enough to keep me from kicking myself down the road.

I can appreciate those of you who bought the F75s new, as $309 is a drop in the bucket against the $1000 you guys spent in the first place, and there's certainly no question it would be awesome to have the latest, greatest everything for such a reasonable cost.

Gonna set up the upgrade this weekend, and in the meantine start reading as much as I can on setting this beauty up. I expect it'll be quite a step up from my F5.
HH

Chris

Your right Ron he can only get the $300.00 original F 75 upgrade. http://www.fisherlab.com/hobby/upgrade.htm
that's the #2 upgrade3.

You machine would likely be worth at least as much as you had in it as far as resale value goes, as you would have the added value of the Cache and boost processes. I personally would not buy an F75 is it didn't have BP process.
For what its worth, I LOVE BP mode, and that's pretty much all I have used since getting the LTD. (except in a few isolated cases). It doesn't really give you much if any more actual depth, but it DOES make those deepies MUCH easier to hear.
Example: On targets that I had to scrub the dirt to get with the original F75, with a pretty dang weak audio response, I could get those same targets with the BP process 3-4 inches off the ground with a much better audio response. I simply miss a lot less targets with the BP process, especially if its in an area with a lot of overburden, or in fields with grass or stubble. Honestly, after using it for so long I couldn't imagine not having it on my machine. Its your call obviously what you eventually go with, but IMHO its (Boost process) a very valuable asset. Good luck with whatever you choose.