Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Planning to do this to my Deeptech Vista Gold

Trying to get a 4' extension for my Vista Gold thru Deepwoods Detectors.

Most of my hunting is in the lakes. I have a bucket of sand in my living room as it's 20F and snow on ground. I buried a 0.89 gram 14k gold ring that barely fits on the tip of my little finger in the sand at 12". Both the Orx in the gold modes and Deeptech Gold w/ gb negative hits that ring at 12" with the coil raised about 3" to 4". And the Vista Gold was using the Super 6, 8x6 coil. That's amazing. Simplex and Lobo would only hit the ring at 8 1/2" and Equinox was only 9" w/ 11" coil. The Orx & Vista Gold were hitting it hard. I was amazed the Vista Gold did as good as the Orx in the gold modes. I don't know why the Equinox didn't do better. The Equinox had no hit at 12".

On iron tests in the house the Orx, Vista Gold and Gold Kruzer were all about the same. The amazing thing with the Vista Gold is how quiet it is in iron.

I going to put the Vista Gold in a waterproof bag w/ the battery. Then put it in a small backpack and take it in the water. It should be awesome in the water and that Super 6 will sweep easy. As quiet as it is it would be perfect. Also giving it a thought of getting a straight carbon fiber shaft with a handle for water hunting with the Vista Gold. I thought I would be hunting with the most with the Orx. Now I think it will be hunting most with the Vista Gold if I can get that extension.

After I hunt the water with the Orx or Vista Gold then I will go thru with the Gold Kruzer with the 7.5x4 coil for the smaller gold.

I sold my Equinox 800 w/ 11" and 6" coils, carbon fiber shaft and the Simplex.

My detectors now are:
XP Orx w/ 9" hf coil
Gold Kruzer w/ 9.5x5.5 concentric, 9.5x5 dd, and 7.5x4 dd
Deeptech Vista Gold w/ 11x7 and Super 6 coils
Lobo ST modded gb w/ 8" and 5.75 concentrics (trying to sell it)

Rick

I always thought the Vista Gold would make a good unit for water hunting. At one point considered modifying the one I had by placing the guts into a waterproof housing.
The Super 6 was my all around use coil on the Gold.

The Super 6 seems just right. I have ordered a 4' extension cable. Now instead of modifying it I am going to taking the top assembly and put it in a waterproof backpack and see how that works. I always thought about doing that with a Tejon I had.