Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Platinum depth

Mike T

Does the Platinum get the same depth as the Greek series more or less? Does it work well in hi mineralized soil? with a 10"x12" SEF coil would this detector be too bottom heavy?

Mike, I don't believe there is a SEF coil or any coils from Detech that are made for the Platinum unless it is something new.

There is however a 10" eliptical coil and a 5" DD coil for the Platinum.

I'm not sure about the depth. I would think it is about the same but I have never used the Greek detectors.

Any coil made for the Teknetics Greek series will fit and theres a alot of them. Also the Fisher F5. Some have a screw in connector others a push in. If you look on ebay under the BH Platinum they list some coils even the ones made in the Ukraine that go up to 15x17. I was just wondering if anybody tried one?