Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

platinum tid

longbone

Question for Platinum users. How accurate is id on nickels? How deep can it id them .Thinking of trying the Platinum on low conducters.All input much appreciated.

The Platinum seems to ID nickles pretty well for me down to six inches or so. It can be a bit jumpy when they are deeper. I've had signals jump between nickle and pull tab, and dug 3 different chains on those. Often the square pull tabs will ID as a nickle, and so do most of the gold rings I've tested that are the average womens size.I also got a gold chain that was a jumpy nickle, tab signal, so now I dig all those. The more you dig, the more you find, including trash:)

Thanks for the info Mr Brandon .A good id at that depth is much better than what my current detector will do.Sounds like the perfect back up detector for me.

I'm currently using the 11 inch DD on mine. This was a big improvement over the stock coil for me. The ground in my area balances in the 40's and 50's, higher mineralization may make the ID less accurate, but I do not know for sure.