Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Platinum

jst2kool

Added the 11" DD coil to it and got a extra 3-4 " on a air test with US coins.

jst2kool said:
Added the 11" DD coil to it and got a extra 3-4 " on a air test with US coins.
Since in your signature you have various detectors I am curious to know how do you compare the BH platinum to the AT-Pro???

The At Pro has alittle more depth, and a better relic detector, But the Platinum can hold its own.

jst2kool said:
The At Pro has alittle more depth, and a better relic detector, But the Platinum can hold its own.
So the AT-Pro has more depth than the BH with the DD coil... I presume it has a major difference with the stock round coil.... Now the AT has the DD as a standad feature.... what is your depth difference ??? Have you done any air tests?

I do very little air testing, only to see if the dector is working properly, In my test garden the AT Pro sounds off louder on a quarter at 11" than the platinum. Both detectors with the DD pick them up, With the stock coil on the Platinum it doesnt.

Jst2cool,

What is the make and model of the DD coil you put on your Platinum?
I'm thinking about the same upgrade but couldn't find the coil that was made specifically for Platinum.

If you want a DD for the Platinum, pick up an Fisher F5 coil with the push in style connector. They are the same frequency machines. Kelly co & metaldetector.com both have these. It does make a big difference in performance on the Platinum.

This is for jst2kool,
I see you own a Time Ranger. What are they like and are there any of these models for Sale.
I've looked on ebay, but nothing right now. I'm very interested in this model. Barry. (Australia).