Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Playa del Coco--Costa Rico

boog

Some friends of mine are getting a 2013 fishing trip together at this particular resort in Costa Rico. I have lost my zeal for fishing and just want to detect. I would be the loner on this trip and would venture out to beaches on my own. I am not a big fan of leaving America (for obvious reasons) and the possibility of being on a remote beach alone scares me a little. I have been reading up on this area and it seems it has its share of trouble. Question: Assuming I am staying at this location and I have a rental vehicle--can I safely find "touristy" type beaches in the area to hunt which are safe? Any opinions on this--positive or negative would be appreciated. Thanks---Boog

Do you mean ( Costa Rica??? ) If so They do have laws against metal detecting there unless your a archaeologist. If mean Coco beach in Playa Del Carem then it's OK there. I just got back from there. Here's a photo of part of my haul. The diamond is 1 carat near flawless Plus many other diamonds and one heavy platinum. Found many other pieces not shown mostly 925

I'm salivating over those pictures of your finds. That is one heck of a haul! How much junk did you dig up with that haul?

boog,

In my opinion you would be better off if you did not detect alone in Cost Rica.
The area you mentioned is a fishing surfers area, but having been there you aren't missing much as
far as detecting goes.
Cost Rica is an awesome place in my opinion, but crime is a problem in places, and if your alone your a target.
Have fun there, and be safe,,,,
and when you return you can praise the roads back home no matter where your from, because the roads in Costa Rica SUCK!!!
Good Luck,
Deep DIgger

Deep Digger said:
boog, Thats what I have heard also. Thanks for the input

In my opinion you would be better off if you did not detect alone in Cost Rica.
The area you mentioned is a fishing surfers area, but having been there you aren't missing much as
far as detecting goes.
Cost Rica is an awesome place in my opinion, but crime is a problem in places, and if your alone your a target.
Have fun there, and be safe,,,,
and when you return you can praise the roads back home no matter where your from, because the roads in Costa Rica SUCK!!!
Good Luck,
Deep DIgger