Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Played King of the quarter hill

Mr. Beard

Out this morning on my 12th outing with my AT Pro, with about 35 hours of detecting with it.... I think I am getting the hang of it.

The park area I went to has a hill for kids to play on right behind the totlot area.
I had been to this park before a few times and searched the hill with my Whites IDX, and a Whites M6, with not much luck. Too much iron that masked the coins. I thought not many coins were on the "hill".

Since the other locations that I had used my other detectors, that had been trashy and I went back with the AT Pro proved to be very good success-- I took the Garrett to see how it would do.
Having used the STD Mode of most of the last 10 hunts I was pretty comfortable to try the PRO Mode on the last couple times out.

The "hill" was full of good high toned signals. I couldn't believe it. Yes there was plenty of low/high/low tones--but they were very close to the good targets and my other detector just couldn't filter out the iron from the coins quick enough---even at a very slow sweep of the coil. The AT Pro didn't care if you swept fast or slow.... it "saw" all the targets.
I dug 32 quarters and lots of other clad coins in an area that my other detector did very poorly getting the coins.

BTW----I had been using strictly Whites detectors for over 20 years......

[attachment 190469 march112011.jpg]

Mr Beard,
Would I be making a fair assumption to say that you have dialed in what numbers each coin represents now ? ......:rofl: ......Congrats on your NUMEROUS finds !!.....Jim

Thanks for that report on your a.t. pro. That is really helping me decide which detector to buy. I have been a little hesitant to jump; but am getting closer with your good feedback. thanks,,Lorin in Costa Rica

Nice hunt!:garrett::detecting:Great clad haul!:clapping:Thanks for sharing!:biggrin: Happy Hunting!:)

I'm still learning............ but I think I'm getting the hang of it. :laugh:

That is a good clad haul for sure...with all those coins, It would have taken me all day for sure...I average 3-5 minutes per hole I'd guess....I hope to become more thoroughly efficient as I get more acquainted with the AT Pro...I have not yet ran all day in Pro Mode, I'm flipping back and forth some "getting a feel" for Pro mode but have not mustered up the courage to leave it on all day in fear I'll miss that good clear high tone I've grown so accustomed to in the standard mode...lol