Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Playground Hunting

JoanInCreek

This is a 1987 V. Carranza $100 Mexican Coin, found under playground mulch! Picture is not so good, coin looks better in person than in this photo. Tried to research this on line, some sites say: 'worth nothing', 'worth a dime in US currency' and yet others say 'it's definately a collectable". I assume $100 means 100 pesos and last I heard the US dollar was low but I know little about coin collecting. Anyone out there know if it is worth anything? At any rate, I moved up from my last find of a 10 peso coin!

As of today, the exchange rate of $100 pesos = $9.28. I don't know about the date or any but you are correct: the $100 on the coin means pesos. I found a $100 pesos coin about 2 years ago. It is exciting and $9.28 is a good find. Way to go, sounds like you are getting the hang of the 202.

Just did some quick research. Here is a quote from coinmill.com . "The Mexican Peso was revalued on January 1, 1993. Pesos dated before that date (Old Mexican Pesos - MXP) are 1000 times less valuable than the New Mexican Pesos - MXN."

It is the modern $100 peso that is worth $9.28. You have a nice find and conversation piece that is no longer of any value except to the collector.

Well done Joan, keep the goodies coming! HH regards Nugget.:detecting:

First time out today and I got 1 dime and 4 pennies all above 2000 and about 2000 pull tabs and beer cans in an hour and half the picture is on another board ,

Great find Joan. The weather here is still to cold to enjoy any hunting....the snow is mostly melted, but the ground is still hard below 4 inches....Supposed to start warming up at nights come next Thursday...Hurry up spring!!!

HH,

BH-LandStar

Tot lot (kiddie playground) is one of my favorite places for finding jewelry. Mommy swings baby and maybe a ring slips from her finger. Recently found a ladies 14k gold ring with three diamonds under a swing. Found several pieces of jewelry in a tot lot.....Jack