Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

playground redo=34 wbs, sunburn and some silver too

osgood

Had big fun, one of those infrequent sites. I knew well ahead the date the newplayground was to be erected, but what about the prep? I visited the site last week, no activity. Getting down to the wire, i chanced the 30 min drive yesterday. Pulling in to the park i see plenty of fresh dirt. Asked the park worker when it happen and he said "yesterday". This is a well hunted park in a historic area, here im looking at about perhaps a 70 by 40 ft swath, taken down about 4 or 5 inches. I started hunting the site and after about 20 mins I realized i had to start over. What i was thinking was trash was actually wheat. The wbs were signaling like 57-62 or 64 on my f75 ltd. There are other parks where wbs for me will id even up into the 90s for their good metal contents. The crews starting some other prep work about noon but where totally into letting me be there. They redid a drainage trench off to one side, letting me detect down in the trench (no big results there). i just kept out of their way. I was moving at a pace, having to be somewhere later, and also not knowing if they where going to dig areas i hadnt detected yet. Was banking the coins in my pocket quickly with the dirt and all. Anyway managed 34 wheat backs, ( a new single hunt record for me) earliest, 1909 some clad, no jewelry, no nickles and 5 silvers (3 mercs from the 30;s, a rosie and a 45 washington quarter) Got sunburned too. Check out this odd part, i swear it looks kind of like a very old gun part, any input on that? could it be ? It is of substantial weight and well made, there is a horizontal like shaft,with some graduated cuts, off the back of the roundish part, which you cant see in the picture. Thanks all for looking. Have some good sites lined up in the near future. CO

wow nice catch. got quite a handful there....
looks like the silver is piled up in that spot ...
just think if you took a front end loader out and cut a few more paths to hunt.
not sure what the other item is.
is it made of brass, and is that a screw hole on the rounded end .
hard to tell from pic ... can you take a couple pics of different angles

nice job on the hunt ....

Congratulations of those outstanding finds. The Metal piece appears to be the hammer off a cap and ball muzzle loader. Cant tell for certain but that is the impression that I get.

That's an excellent coin hunt. 5 silvers with a big batch of wheats is a great day. Wheats on my F 75 LTD came in from the 60's to the 70's and similar wide range on other detectors, too. Different metal contents through out their mintage. Good hunt! HH jim tn

That was some great heads up hunting! :clapping: Impressed how you watched that place and pounced at just the perfect time!:clapping::please:
Mud

nice haul and very good timing

That's a very cool situation and very unusual.

Had you hunted that area before? I'm just wondering if the coins got to deep to reach or were they being hidden by the trash?

Out of that nice bunch of oldies which one was the deepest after 5 inches were removed?

Hey did you say 1909 on the wheat back penny? The 1909 s and especially the 1909s with VDB on the back bottom are semi key and key dates. Worth some money. Better check and make sure. Maybe you already did. Just a heads up. Happy hunting! Here's a good link to key date coin info I use.http://coins.about.com/library/US-coin-values/bl-US0001-Lincoln-Wheat-Values.htm[/url]

msareborn, thanks , i thought of that just yesterday, gonna revisit the pile in the AM. thanks again, Good Hunts All, CO

Great day.
No clue on the "gun part" although it doesnt look like one. It appears to be broken off something else.

Nice haul! Interesting that the wbc hit that low of a vdi on the f75. My 75SE will range from low 70's to 79 on copper cents. Usually if it's consistantly in the 80s it's silver for me. I always dig vdi from 50s and up. On my Fisher low to mid 60s are Indian Heads, had a flying eagle, a fatty, and a McClellen token all hit in the mid 50s, not to mention all those cool bullets! Looks like a great place to return to for more goodies before it's covered up! Thanks for sharing!