Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Playing the waiting game

1950cupajo

I just ordered my AT Gold yesterday. Now I am like a kid waiting on Christmas. To bide my time have have been studying the owners manual and watching You-tube video' and Reading this forum.
I can't believe all the people who post videos on you-tube. Having done research before choosing the AT Gold, I know how the machine should work, while I don't have any experience with this machine yet, I would like to think I know enough to recognize proper and inproper use.
If it weren't so hart breaking, it would be funny, I mean these guys are just busting their tail, and their machines are not operating properly.
There were others that were doing comparisons of different types of detectors while they didn't even seem to have the detectors set up properly.
I guess that shows ya, ya can't believe everything you read on the www. :laugh:

I haven't used the At/Gold, but believe you will love it and the At/Pro is awesome. Sometimes when you hit a deep target, it won't even show on the display screen, but if you get that sweet little pip noise and some call it a blip or other names, something good is under your coil. I was up against a concrete wall at the local river and had my 8.5 X 11 inch coil on and it was going crazy. Must have been 7-8 targets under my coil, but I heard the pip and dug and I did recover lots of pull tabs and other targets. I also found my only 18K ring so far. It was deep and only weighed 1.23 grams, but the At/Pro sniffed it out amongst all the trash targets. I started out in the regular mode, but just use pro mode now. I will admit I have better luck in the water than on the ground and it must be due to the conductivity of the wet sand and mud. That's why I like to detect land on rainy days as long as it's not lightning or high winds. Good luck & happy hunting to both of you.

Is it there, yet???? :hot:

My new AT Pro has arrived. :clapping:
Fully assembled and air tested some coins and relics, but it's better if I do that outside.
Forecast for tomorrow: rain. Oh well, gotta work anyways.