Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Playing with an Omega @ nice cellar hole:detecting:

Bill Ladd

I borrowed an Omega to see what it was all about, & it was such a perfect sunny day off I did some filming at one of my favorite cellar holes. Spring is here in New England finally, & I'll be doing lots of detecting/dump diggin, & field testing all summer. As I say in the video a number of times, the build quality is much better then it looked in the pictures. I originally thought it looked like the same lightweight hardware as the Bounty Hunter Gold I use @ schools, but it's built almost as solid as the T2.....

Now this was the first day with it, so I'm no expert by any means & I may have mis-spoke on a detail or 2....to me it was more like an F5 than a T2. But I was able to find a few goodies at a hard hit cellar, & re-hunting the same patch with the T2 showed the Omega didn't miss anything. It's not going to replace my T2, & I'd still take the T2 first for iron, but with a DD coil & the disc on 16 I bet it would also do well (it was super quiet in the iron). It's "quietness" allows you to really go to 99 sens. with little or no chatter. So, for the $$ it seems like a nice machine.....

Enjoy,
Bill
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIpQTqdaGM0[/video]

Enjoyed the video Bill. I enjoy the Omega. It is a wonderful coin shooter and a light weight joy to swing with the 10" coil. For pure coin shooting, it is good one. HH jim tn

Bill nice to see you posting.

The Omega is a nice machine, loves silver, and has decent depth (probably not as deep as a T2, definitely not as deep as a T2 LTD).

The 11" DD makes it an entirely different machine, better depth, better separation, faster response time, thus far it's my goto machine for demos and scrapes :thumbup:

HH,
Brian

Bill enjoyed the video. The Omega is a great machine. Good depth and excellent balance. Just a joy to use. My son really likes his.

Thanks for the video.

Excellent Video Bill,

I recently traded a Minelab X-Terra for an Omega, neat machine.
Sure wish they had a 6.5" elliptical coil like the F75 for it for the areas I hunt.

Drew.

Great Vid! I'm STILL debating on a T2 or an Omega! I guess I just need to flip a Silver Quarter & make a decision!! :look:

Nice to see you back...would love to see you with an AT pro and see how it does..I bought one and used it for a week but the G2 made more sense to me. I may be wrong I also noticed the way you ground bal I turn the right knob all the way counter clockwise and the left knob to where I hear a slight threshold then I push the GB pad and pump the detector... when the number in the far right settles down to one or two digits I am ground bal...?

Nice video Bill, by watching your videos on the t2 ltd, my mind was made up to get one.best thing i,ve done. depth and sensitivity second to none, and it sure does love our English hammered coinage . wether detecting on pasture, woodland or ploughed (plowed) ,brilliant machine ....... happy hunting BAZ.