Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Playing with the T2 LTD

AndyNM

I liked the original T2 after all the updates and now I had to try the new T2 LTD with the new Boost and Cache modes.

I didn't read the manual and was looking for the new modes in the menu. They are "bP" for Boost and "CL" for Cache hidden in the number of tones menu on the Discrimination side.
For my taste the "bP" for Boost can be confusing because it looks like the "dP" tone mode for delta pitch. Also I don't know why the L is in "CL" for Cache mode.....

Well, I'm hard to please but once you know where to find the new modes it is not a big deal. Next the new modes had to proof that they work. How well they work can best be seen if you set sensitivity low to 20-30 and select 2+ tone mode, disk to 0. Now scan your target and next do the same with bP mode selected. The target will sound much louder and larger. Next do the same with "CL" Cache mode. That Cache mode will even find coins very deep and the target size feels more like a belt buckle than a coin. On larger metal the gain in depth is extreme compared to the other modes. So if you are after these buried gold bars this Cache mode is right for you. I thought " It really works, which other detector offers that !?" Well ...just the new LTD's can do that. These two modes make the T2 really better. Due to the large footprint of the targets in these new modes they should not be used in heavy trash.

Andy,NM

You say that the T2 LTD boost should not be used in heavy trash!
I thought that one of the T2's main advantage was it's ability to find good items very close to rejected trash.
If the new T2 LTD can't do this as well as the T2 in heavy trash then i think this is a backwards step just to gain a little extra depth.

doesn't seem like much of a comparason with the 2+ tones set at such a low sensitivity.

I think what Andy might be saying is that is what he did to see an easily recognizable significant difference. That difference holds out as you go up in sensitivity, but stop and think....if you run an old mode at say 90 something sens, and you're playing around with an 6" target, the old mode will hear the target probably just fine but still not as well as with either boost. Under that scenario, the "difference" might appear to be less. What do you think would happen with a deeper and or smaller yet target? Boost should virtually always hear a target "better" and there should be a point where the old modes can't hear a target at all or at least in a digable signal when the boost will. Lower sensitivities like Scott tried, ( and or deeper targets) can just make the difference more noticeable. There will still be occasions where the operator might decide the boost modes are overkill and opt to use one of the old modes.

You got that right. Of course the boost or cache modes ad depth at all sensitivity settings, but the recognizable significant difference is best seen at low sensitivity settings, where the "old" modes can't get the target but the new modes can. That was the proof that the new modes can really do something new or better.
Thanks ,

Andy,NM

The T2 LTD is like the original T2 with all the performance and features. The new 2 additional modes on the T2 LTD just make it better. The new boost mode really boost the signal and give the target a larger feel and louder sound. These new modes make a larger "footprint" of a target compared to the other modes. Like a detector with a slower retune speed. If you need extreme good separation you still have all the original target processing. You still have to know when to use which mode.

Andy

Like Brian, I've been finding that my F75 LTD does well with the boost mode in the trash, the key for me has been to really slow down my sweep speed in boost.

If you want to whip the coil, boost ain't the mode.