Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Pleasant surprise.

Ronstar

Decided to make a run at the oldest city park in town just cuz. Decided to make a wandering pattern about the more popular areas like the volleyball sand, the horseshoe pits, the crowded areas of late etc.
Found maybe $2.00 in clad at various depths but the hits were clear and I knew I was on a coin. Today the dimes and the Mems were both hitting 46 and the quarters were 51-53 so felt nice digging more than $1 but no silver.
I was getting into an area that a long time ago had a big horizontal merry go round and a tall slide, all were heavy steel piping. I hit a 46 so in I went and saw green! “Nice” I said out loud, “a wheatie.” Wish I had a picture of my face when I discovered it was a 1902 Indian Head in fair condition! It was mostly flat right at 6” deep.
Now that I didnt expect. Based on the all the 60s hits I was fighting and 30s crap I think the next trip will have the small coil close by.

Attachments

• ED331609-797C-4892-9D09-61BDE1D33BD7.jpeg
    ED331609-797C-4892-9D09-61BDE1D33BD7.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 111
  • 808B0B87-845F-4626-96E8-527A660224D9.jpeg
    808B0B87-845F-4626-96E8-527A660224D9.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 117
Thanks guys! Going to take the small coil back there and work an area maybe 40x20’ and run the Legend on 4khz. Also dug some 60s Mems and a couple clads so hoping that for whatever reason everybody else that hits this placed just simply missed this area. It is kinda close to the tot lot and a large picnic shelter so maybe scared off a bit during the day. We will see!

Sounded like a cool hunt , kawliga injun coin congrats,