Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Please explain why????

Please explain why rusty old bottle caps show up in the lower right hand corner of the screen? One would think they would show up further to the left (more ferus). Just curious

Claytargethntr

My guess would be that it has more to do with it's coin-like shape ... I have had them show up closer to where an Indian head penny would fall in also.

[size=large]to add to Mcdaves thought. i believe the alloy that's used is also one of the main reasons they land in the lower right. couple that with the multiple of points and being round and small. same for the rusty nail ending up in the far upper right. usually buried in the upper right corner. my guess is the nail is breaking down from it's alloy base and one of those alloys is telling the machines,"i'm pure silver, come get me." that's my un-scienctific take on it.

HH [/size]

Hmm. Now that I am back out of the water and doing some land hunting. I am in an old mn park that is loaded with the old bottle caps (can't go 2 ft without finding one). They sound so clean on the machine and are so hard to pass up. They come out rusty and make me scratch my head as to why they show up so nonferrous. But it is what it is.

Claytargethntr

[size=large]so far the only thing i found that's at the bottom is nickel and gold. the nickels will slide across the bottom where as the gold is where you find it. my only gold was near the bottom and i only went for it thinking it was a nickel. now i couple iron mask with vdi and decide whether to dig. i also find the nickels are a deeper low sound than caps. don't know what all the factors are but that's what i've learned so far.

HH[/size]

Much like wrap around it has to do with the change in conductivity or the target ... in this case rust. There are a few examples of what rust can do. Change to Fe you will see mineralization bounce from top left to lower right. Similar to wrap around.

Dew