Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Please help identify

BKSTEM

Hi there. Can anyone help identify these objects? I found them in an area where they could be really old. They look like some sort of a button from jeans or a cuff, which wouldn’t be very old. The small nipples on top appeared to have been hammered flat. I removed the green patina and it looks like copper.
Any help identifying these will be appreciated.

Attachments

• D850BBE0-B91D-4AFC-8E55-8CE9D0EAD5A2.jpeg
    D850BBE0-B91D-4AFC-8E55-8CE9D0EAD5A2.jpeg
    745 KB · Views: 122
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 114
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 119
I’ve also seen very similar rivets used on canvas bags and really heavyweight “jean” material like coats and overalls. I think ultimately the distance in the gap would define which is which. Still, neat find to get both!!

hanks Jim! I would assume that they’re pretty old due to the leather material is gone. I found them in the lower desert, southern Ca very arid climate.
Most that we find around here in my neck of the woods are found on Civil War sites like encampments. They come out of the ground with a nice green patina, which, looks like yours does, too. HH jim tn

Most that we find around here in my neck of the woods are found on Civil War sites like encampments. They come out of the ground with a nice green patina, which, looks like yours does, too. HH jim
That would be really cool if they are that old. I found them at a dried up spring that was used by travelers crossing the SW desert from Mexico and Arizona.

I’ve also seen very similar rivets used on canvas bags and really heavyweight “jean” material like coats and overalls. I think ultimately the distance in the gap would define which is which. Still, neat find to get both!!
I was really surprised to find them together within inches of each other. Went back last Sunday, but no luck finding anything else besides spent bullets and shot gun casings. At least that area is a little cleaner now.