Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Please help!!

Can I use an universal charger to charge my excal, and if so, how many output volts I need to charge it the correct way? The guy who sold the detector to me sent out a charger that does not fit but has an output of 15 volts, so now I'm more confused. The excal is the 1000 one. Thanks a lot for your replies.

The 15 volts sounds about right as it has to be more then 12.6 or something like that in order to charge. I believe there is a charging adapter that has to be used to charge the Excalibur battery that goes between the charger and the battery pack, so you need that too. If you have all of this and still don't fit then the guy may have sent you a charger that works on the Elite/GT sovereign pack and believe it is also for the Excalibur 2 and the Explorers as the reg Excalibur uses the same charger as the older Sovereigns did as the plug was bigger than the newer ones are.

I guess so, beacause the female tip is thinner than the one for my excalibur. So 15 volts will be then ok to charge it? I do have the adapter, the one who has like 3 pins on one side and has the male pin in the other side to connect the female tip of the charger.

Output on the Xcal charger says 14.3 V DC 60ma if that helps. However if you put a multi meter on the charger it outputs like 18.30V DC. Fully charged the book says 13V, but my batterfully charged is 14.3V DC. Im assuming it drops quickly to the 13V.

Dew

If it's a true universal charger meant for that battery type (nimh or nicad or whatever) then it will sense and adapt to the number of cells in the pack. I've got several good nimh/nicad chargers that just sense if it's anything from 1 cell to say 12 or 14 cells (depending on the charger they have the limit to the number of maximum cells in the pack they can handle) and will automatically charge it properly. No cell counts to set in other words. Would help if we saw the stats on that charger.

Conversely, some cheap "chargers" are statically fixed to only charge a set # of cells in a pack. The Minelab wall "chargers" for instance, aren't even chargers but just put out a constant current at a fixed voltage meant for that # of cells. The voltage will read higher on the output until a load (the battery) is placed on it.