Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Please take a look at your coil wire near the connector

nagov

I was preparing to go out in the water for only the second time since buying the ATX....to be honest, I haven't been using it at all for 4-5 months since my last run with it....but prior to going out today, I thought I'd give it a good look over to ensure everything was tight.... never did get to check the coil connector when I saw the damage to the coiled cable casing. No way this is going in the water now until I get it back to Garrett.... I'll be calling them first thing in the morning.

Cliff

Wow ... looks like the cable wasn't coiled up enough when put together and it's rubbing on the shaft every time it's extended and collapsed back up ..
Thanks for posting tho

. I'm checking mine now as I've had mine apart but I did give it several turns on the shaft before I locked it in but I felt it binding up when I collapsed the shaft and gave it a few more extra turns till it felt free.

cable too loose (not enough turns) and trying to extend and collapse the shaft. The shaft should slide in with no resistance......looks like it got caught up when collapsing

dmnz said:
cable too loose (not enough turns) and trying to extend and collapse the shaft. The shaft should slide in with no resistance......looks like it got caught up when collapsing

I agree but that would be from the factory, this was the first time I've looked in there since it was bought.....that is the biggest reason I wanted to alert all to check it out...

Cliff

It's a bugger of a thing to happen cliff.. but Garrett will sort it out with a new one . When you get the new one chamfer the edges of the shaft ends and get rid of any dodgy bits you see that can rub against the coil lead.

Will say this about Garrett, they were quick to respond to my email request for an RMA number...... Should head back to them tomorrow.

Cliff