Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Please tell me,,,

bleeohio

That the new racer2 I just received has a screen protector on it. Because it is scratched all to heck and back from shipping. They could pack them alittle better as the coil was right up against the screen when I opened it. If it is a cover, i'll peel it off and put a new one on. If not, this sucks......

Peel off the cover.

Yep it's a cover however you can't see it with the machine on. I leave em on myself until they start coming off then replace them.

Good deal, i'll leave it on then till I need to take it off. A couple of deeper dimples up by the top numbers that I hope are just in the cover. I like me some racers but man that sends a kick to the tenders when I thought that was in the screen ,,thanks guys.

I know, it can happen to any of them. Gonna have to make the call tomorrow as there are definitely some issues so it's gonna have to go back......i'm still sad..

IF NOT SEND A PHOTO AND ASK THEM TO TAKE CARE OF IT..

Mine came pre-scratched also and I think a few others, too. No big deal as they are hardly noticeable and doesn't affect the performance. It's good to know it's a protective screen and can be pulled off. But I have to agree that they should've been packed more carefully especially in your case.

the screen cover is only microns thick best to take it off put some z^gg on , having said that do they sell the Perspex screens they are only thin too they flex pretty easy, wonder if they sell them for self install??

AJ

The scratches don't bother me now that I know there is a screen cover. But , yesterday eve. I took it out for a test and it doesn't want to auto gb unless I physically tap the coil on the ground a pretty good rap. It just stays on 90 unless I do that and when it does gb it goes in the low to mid 40s. I have mild soil and my red racer always comes in at 65-70. And the numbers faded out (went away) a couple times. It was getting late and I was getting frustrated so i'm gonna have a go with it this am to see if it is in a better mood.

hi
i had to send a faulty one back,after a few hours the detector would go into pinpointing mode all by itself, and some times you would have to pull and push the trigger to get it to work if not you had to switch it off and back on again.
had a replacement and going to try it out today hopefully it will be all OK as i really like this machine.