Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Plenty of coins with the bigger coil

Finder82

Got 14.40e and plenty of markka coins with the big Deus coil.

robo99 said:
Good to see the machine is still unusable with the larger coil. Is everyone happy with theirs?

When i was hunting for coins in lever grass, the big coil did not feel heavy at all even when i hunted non-stop for about 4-5 hours, maybe it is because i am starting to get used to the extra weight compared to the stock coil.:thumbup:

Bart made me an offer that I couldn't refuse so I got the big coil. Thanks Bart! I had heard that it was nose-heavy so I splurged on Mick's adapter from ExtremeDetecting which shifts the center of gravity forward almost 2 inches so mine is perfectly balanced. I hunted in a park today and had no problem separating targets. I'll save the std coil for target saturated areas (read trashed-out) but otherwise I intend to use the large coil on a regular basis.

If you switch coils in the middle of a hunt the large coil seems very heavy. But after a few hunts of exclusive usage w/ the adapter the large coil gets very manageable. I had a harder time pinpointing with it too. But after a while that sort of eased up also. The large coil sure covers the ground. While I never actually compared targets between the two coils I do seem to get stronger signals from deeper targets. An inch or two added depth I would guess. And two inches is a big increase in the detecting world. Especially when you combine that with the coverage aspect. I was also surprised with the seperation ability of the large coil. It does a nice job.

I just spent 11 hours a day for a full week detecting in the UK with the large coil exclusively - it is so easy to use and once you start - it makes the stock coil feel like a little sniper coil.

The coverage is great and for pin pointing you just work it 2 ways 90 degrees while wiggling it backwards - when the signal stops it's in front of the coil - takes 1 second - I never ever use pinpoint mode.

I use my Deus in farm fields 98% of my detecting. My stock coil is strictly for backup or for the woods. I'm sure in iron infested homesites, parks, yards the stock coil is killer.