Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Plugger straight shaft feedback

Magic Potion

Thinking about buying a Plugger shaft for the 705. Anyone have one with the new rod locks? If so, how do you like it?

I know I could get a mid shaft from a Tesoro or Whites, but I like how adjustable the Plugger is, especially the grip.

I don't see where you would gain anything by getting that shaft for the Xterra since it already comes set up that way.
Ive got a plugger rod for my Sov, nice rod, but not necessary for the Xterra. Put the money in another coil if you gotta spend on it.

Ditto what Neil Said....
I have never considered a straight shaft for the 705 or the X30 that I have. Eight years of swinging both and, IMO, don't think it's necessary. The ML stock shaft is comfortable and light to begin with and with the tall man extension, I'm 6'3", has never been a problem.
I do use a Plugger (Xcal) and an Anderson (Dual Field) shaft on my water machines, which you would find right from the get-go, is a must!! As far as the rod locks go, that's only an issue in water hunting. They tend to get sand and salt in the shaft, and this sometimes can make it impossible to free up.

I think it's only a straight shaft that goes between upper rod and lower rod. I could see it helping with balance using the 15" coil.

The Plugger shafts are very high quality and reasonable in price. I have one for my x-terra and my excalibur. When used with large coils they do improve balance as Fletch indicated.

I think it is a worthwhile investment.