Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Pocket spill and a First!!:surprised:

Jack Beam

What a day!! Found a new place to detect! It's an old farm house, mid 1800's I would bet. It's my daughters friends house and I never knew about this until I was taking her there to visit! I was definitely pretty excited about this! I got permission from the parents, and I just " happened "to have my detector with me :detecting:! Within 10 to 15 min I got a purdy sound on my 70! It said 44 (DIG ME) on the screen! And about 4 inches down was this 1901o Barber Half!!! I couldn't believe it! That's my first Barber Half! This happened on Thursday. I decided to let my wife in on this so I quit after about 10 more min. This place has to be a virgin place! We came back today and it didn't disappoint! We were there about 2 hours or so. There was alot of trash there as to be expected but after about an hour I received a nice sounding 38,40! I dug a plug and about 4 inches down I pulled out a '48 Jefferson, scanned the hole, there's more in there! I see silver and I pulled out 2 dimes, scanned the hole there's more in there! 2 more dimes, scanned the hole there's more! I pulled out 2 more dimes for a total of 1 nickel and 6 Silver Dimes!!:surprised: 4 mercs and 2 rosies! About 15 min. later I found another Rosie! A total of 8 Silver in about 2 to 3 hours of detecting! Two '41 mercs,'42 merc,'44D merc,'49 rosie,'56 rosie,and a '64 rosie! I also found a '43 Canadian nickel,and a' 36 wheatie! My wife didn't have much luck, she found a few things tho! The 1893 IH my wife found at her work! I just thought I'd throw it in here! What a Day!! HH J.B.

What a great day to be a detectorist! Hope you have many more just like it. Congrats! HH Randy

What a hunt Congrats that's what its all about.

That's a great hunt! Makes all the difference when you are hunting virgin soil!!

Great Day! :thumbup:
I hope that you're going back there. If there's a lot of trash, then there is more good stuff to be found. :detecting:

Awesome finds! Good job!

Nice finds indeed... that site was well worth checking out.
I haven't had that kind of day in a long time.
I bet that there are some older coins still in there.. keep hittin' it.
Congradulations,
Felix

Congrats on the awesome Silver! What a pocket spill also! Some neet stuff other than coins found I see! Sweet hunting! Beale.

Thanks everyone! The owners gave us permission to come back anytime! I'll let you guys know if there are anymore goodies!

Hi Jack, I got to say, I really enjoy seeing posts like this. You finding your first Barber Half, WTG and find that sweeet coin spill. Sometimes those private yards can produce some sweeet finds.

Awesome finds! And just think some people still believe the myth that farm yards dont have old coins....lol...lol
My best finds have come from farm houses!