Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Poem "A Good Day Out"

jackg

This poem was written as a teaching aid for people new to electronic gold prospecting

A GOOD DAY OUT

There was movement in the

Hello HoserJohn,
Thanks for your kind comment re the poem, in answer to your question re Banjo Patterson, I was apologising for copying his style as he is/was a famous Australian "bush poet, and is very highly regarded in Australia as he captured the spirit of the outback.
I wrote the poem from a standpoint of 25 yrs experience in metal detecting and currently teach at Coiltek's prospecting seminars and thought it might be a handy teaching aid as it is based on a very special "good day out" that I had, I sold the 31 ounce nugget to a customer in Orange county California a few years ago. thanks again

Man alive I shoulda remembered the national geographic magazine mentioned some of his body a work BUT yours is just fine!!! Informative too. My ancestors found a doozie there in Oz,The Welcome Home Stranger monster nugget and I'm gonna,before my dirt nap,come and do some detecting down under.Was that my ol'bud Pete P in OC?? Tons a au 2 u 2-John