Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Points To Ponder Using The Infinium.....

John-Edmonton

Staff member
Tape the coil wire up the shaft for a good 12-14 inches. This machine is VERY sensitive. Make sure you pick a quiet operating frequency in the LOCK position. Ground balance it in the fast mode, then the slow mode. Keep it in the lock position to hunt....unless the ground conditions are changing often, then you can hunt in slow or fast auto tune mode. Use the minimal amount of discrimination in saltwater. You may just want to run it a little unstable, as it may dic out small gold rings. Most other detectors are already preturned to operate at an excepting salt water discrimination, already having some of the tiny gold tings disced out.

Hunt with the coil on the sand or as close as possible. Once the water gets within about 4-6 inches of the box, you might get some falsing. Running the coil in figure eights seems to help. Lower the box into the water, and the falsing should stop, or, run the shaft at a 90 degree for a while to get the box a little further away from the water. I have also wrapped some aluminum foil around the box, which helped cut down on the interference, but only while the box was out of the water. Once I lowered the box into the water, it was worse with that foil wrapped around it.

Double bleeps are usually nails or bobby pins. Long lasting audio signals on a target indicate a large target like a tin can. After you put some hours on it, you will be able to tell the shape of an object....oblong as apposed to bilaterally round or square.

I have my best luck hunting beaches which have been hit hard by other hunters, as they have moved out lots of the garbage, leaving the deep ones for you. Also, I tend to do better in the deeper areas or areas where there are not too many targets.

Good luck! It's not a do everything machine, but used in the right areas, it's a killer. :)

John-Edmonton

Good points John!! Which coils are you finding work best for your hunting conditions?

GL&HH Friend,

Cupajo

I am happy with the 8" mono. It pinpoints in the center or along the coil edge, is light and get great depth. I have only used the 9 x 12 DD a couple of times.