Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Poll For Legend Users

oldkoot

there has been several reports of speaker issues with the Legend, I myself have not had any issues with the speakers on mine or my wife's Legend
I would like to start a poll for as follows
#1-How many have had issues with their speaker going out

#2- at what volume level 1 being the lowest Volume and 6 being max volume were you running at when the speaker quit working

I am unsure how you set up a poll so if someone can tell me how I will set it up

The reason I am doing this is because I have a feeling that the speakers that have gone out is due to the internal speaker being over driven by the 5-6 volume adjustment, I have spoken to a few users on the Legend facebook user groups and posed this question to each one of the ones I PMed all of them have stated they were at max volume.

I myself received my Legend from the first batch that came into the US mine had the 1.04 software version, I then purchased my wife's Legend a few months latter hers had the 1.05 software version and the dealer I purchased hers from updated to the 1.07 per my request

on my Legend simply because of how loud the Legend is I have only turned the volume level to 6 (max) 1 time and that was when I first received it just checking things out at max volume of 6 to me it made target tones sound distorted because it was way to loud for my comfort, also keep in mind I have severe tinnitus in both ears 24/7 i deal with 3-4 different sounds going constantly in both ears 24/7 and like I said at max volume of 6 for me it was way to loud, I run my volume at 1-2 always have been to 3 occasionally at the volume settings I run even with my tinnitus I have no issues hearing targets, my wife's has never been above 3 on the volume

so basically this will be a curiosity poll, that may help Nokta/Macro to figure out why there are some of us having speaker failure issues, and others are not

I do not know if Nokta/Macro can correct this with an update to lower the volume of the volume adjustment or perhaps an update doing away with the 5-6 volume adjustment and just make max volume setting to 3-4 but not changing how loud the 3-4 volume is rite now
again I have had no issues with my speaker blowing or failing on mine or my wife's on either Legend's, and we do not use any higher volume then 3 other then the one time I did on mine my wife's has never been above 3 which is the factory default setting for volume
I also have close to 400 hours on my Legend and my wife has a little over 70 hours on hers her hours are due to not detecting as much as I do she sits and watches me most of the time because she gets bored real easy.

Mine failed at speaker volume 1. Mine failed after I went from version 1.05 to version 1.08. Coincidental I'm guessing it was. I waited a couple of weeks before sending mine in due to having a beach trip coming up. After I got back I sent it in on a Friday and had it back before the following Friday.

My volume is set at 2 but I use headphones. Only time I would hunt audible would be if phones quit or malfunctioned. Seeing this I would thus not run run volume up, rather I would wait for the environmental noises to cease or move on.