Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Poll Question: How often do you hunt sites where the steel bottle cap is the primary trash target?

Mike, I would say about 25% of my hunts are at sites that are infested with old bottle caps.:( The next obvious question from the audience/membership here will be "then why don't you just find somewhere else to detect"?:nono::wacko: Well being fom the old school I will tell you my answer is if you aren't detecting where others don't want to then you are limiting your options and overlooking some great sites and some of the best finds to be had. I personally thought the question was shallow and one that was intented to sweep an issue away.:nono: Maybe I am reading into it but that is something I often do.:rage: Anyway, instead of focusing on how not to address something:argue: we all ought to be focusing on how best to accept that there will be issues/concerns with any and all detectors but if someone is having a problem then we should be supportive of it and help them in finding resolution.:happy:

Pineapple,

The intent of my question was not to "sweep an issue away". My hunt time is limited to just a couple hours on a Sunday, and here lately, those few hours have been focused on nothing but bottle caps. I am simply trying to determine if I need to continue spending my time focusing on just hunting for bottle caps or can I move on to hunting for good stuff in other locations. So the poll question is not "shallow" , nor intended to "sweep away" anything. I intended it to be a guide as to how important it is for me to continue focusing on this one target.

As more folks get a T2 in their hand, then the less one or two people need to focus on any one issue. In the meantime, I feel obligated to help with information the best I can. The poll was to determine if this focus was the will of the forum.

So.

:detecting: